i want a metal dector

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
Hi,
Depends on how much yu want to spend.Garret ace 250 or tessero silver umax are good starter machines for around 200 bucks.
It is great fun to dig old coins out of the ground,good luck .
Jim

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Before you can even think about a detector, here's what you NEED to know...

What do you want to find?
Where will you be looking for it?
How much time are you going to spend detecting?
How much money can you afford to spend?

Once you answer these questions you will narrow your search down on which detectors are designed to meet YOUR needs. Once they are identified, then it comes down to personal preference, weight, feel, coils optoins, sounds, creature features etc. Buying an ACE250 or Silver Umax won't do you any good if your primary goal is to find gold nuggets in the mountains of CA. And of course, on the flip side a Minelab 4000 series is overkill for coin shooting in parks.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I suggest a Tesoro Compadre as a beginner machine. It is light, easy to operate, and has the famous Tesoro warranty. It retails for about $200.00.

OP
OP
cheketecaca

cheketecaca

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2009
It is mostly going to be coins and such. I hunt a lot (deer and rabbit) so I have access to old farms wooded areas and abandoned houses. Mostly mding in Ohio and northern KY

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
the 3 machines mentioned above are all good machines to start with. your best bang for your buck, and welcome to your new madness

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread