Garrett or Fisher Twinbox Can Reach 10-12 With No Problem?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Garrett or Fisher Twinbox Can Reach 10'-12' With No Problem?

Yes it should 'depending on the soil.I own a box loop, it's a garret CX pluss. I think a fisher will tell ferris from non ferris, the garret will not.but the garret is a one button wonder.It's that easy. a little tricky with hot rocks.just take the stock loop with you to discriminate. Unless your looking for iron.My garret made me a little over 1,500 buck's in three months But the deepest was only 40 inches on one end and 48 inches on the other end 3 foot long 2.5 foot across 15 inches thich It was conglomerate float cooper, pulled it out with a truck then hooked a chain between to tree's and used a coffin hoast too lift it high enough to put it in a pick up truck. The guy who bought it smash it smaller then cut it up with his rock saw's and made lot's of bookends with it.I hope that helps. good luck happy :thumbsup:hunting liftloop

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Only if you're willing to carry it that far.

Geez , I know, no respect anymore...
What is the target size? Composition?

Sounds like that haul was some real work Liftloop!

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009

No, they aren't out yet.

Hey! Can a Garrett Treasure Hound, or Fisher Twin Box, be turned longways, in front of the user, to get a wider scan path? The back loop will pick up as well as the front loop? Maybe. it would hardly matter, with a huge mass of weighty metal. Thanks!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Depends on how big of size this "mass of metal is". Will it reach a toaster or microwave sized oven that deep? No. Will it reach a volkswagon that deep? Probably yes. So it depends on the size of the object. The bigger the object, the deeper you can pick it up.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Keep posting; I'm interested.
Thanks.

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009

If a Garrett CX Plus/Treasure Hound is positioned over a creek/water, 3' deep, with a target is an big as a microwave oven, under the gravel/rocks/ground, 3' deep, would it still read like being positioned over regular ground, with no water? Would it be like reading 6' depth? The only difference is, the Hound is lifted UP 3' feet higher, in mid air. Water helps amplify the signal, right? Can the largest coil mounted on that same CX plus, over a 3' creek, read a class ring in the creek 12" deep, that's a total of 4' to the target? Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread