2 ~ 5 Gallon Bottles of Pennys

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
When i filled a one gallon glass whiskey bottle with pennies for my daughter it held
just over $66. Thus for each five gallon jug you would have $330 face. The second jug is not full so say it has $264 face. Call it just under $600 face and divide your pound number into 60,000 to estimate weight. siegfried schlagrule

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I KNOW A GUY THAT LIVE IN THE NORTHWEST THAT PICKS UP PENNYS ANY TIME HE CAN AND PUTS THEM IN AMUNITION BOXES AND HAS SO MANY BOXES IN HIS MOBILE HOME THAT THE FRAME UNDERNEATH WAS BENDING DOWN AND THE FRONT WAS LIFTING UP. HE HAD TO PUT BRACES UNDER THE FLOOR AND WAS TELLING US THAT HE HAD JUST GONE OVER $10,000.00 OR 100,000.00 IN PENNIES.iTS BEEN A COUPLE OF YEARS SINCE I HAVE TALKED TO HIM.HE HAS A RICH FAMILY AND ONLY WORKS FOR SOMETHING TO DO IN THE SUMMER.i HAVE ALSO SEEN HIS AMO BOXES AND THERE SURE IS ALOT OF THEM.
K. SMITH

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
wheelerite said:
I KNOW A GUY THAT LIVE IN THE NORTHWEST THAT PICKS UP PENNYS ANY TIME HE CAN AND PUTS THEM IN AMUNITION BOXES AND HAS SO MANY BOXES IN HIS MOBILE HOME THAT THE FRAME UNDERNEATH WAS BENDING DOWN AND THE FRONT WAS LIFTING UP. HE HAD TO PUT BRACES UNDER THE FLOOR AND WAS TELLING US THAT HE HAD JUST GONE OVER $10,000.00 OR 100,000.00 IN PENNIES.iTS BEEN A COUPLE OF YEARS SINCE I HAVE TALKED TO HIM.HE HAS A RICH FAMILY AND ONLY WORKS FOR SOMETHING TO DO IN THE SUMMER.i HAVE ALSO SEEN HIS AMO BOXES AND THERE SURE IS ALOT OF THEM.
K. SMITH

you said "his mobile home" and "has rich family and only works for something to do in the summer" ::) ::) ::)

Thats FUNNY!!!! ;D :D ;D :D :hello2: :hello2: thanks for the laugh!

Cachefinder-

Hobo

May 20, 2014
Nv, Mt, Ca ,Id. Az, I'm a hobo
Detector(s) used
Deus, GB2,GB Pro & Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you said "his mobile home" and "has rich family and only works for something to do in the summer" ::) ::) ::)

Thats FUNNY!!!! ;D :D ;D :D :hello2: :hello2: thanks for the laugh!

Cachefinder-
The home a person lives in is not necessarly indicative of thier wealth. Most folks who live in large homes don't own em, the bank does.
T

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been told by 4 or 5 of my customers over the years that a 5 gal bottle holds about $400 worth of pennies, I forget what they told me it weighs... I know with water they weigh about 45 pounds...

The first bottle of the day is the heaviest.. after that, they all weigh the same.... that's what I tell my customers.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Seems like a good way to get rid of a lot of zincolns quickly when the dump banks are being cranky. :)

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weight depends on if they're copper cents (US never made pennies) or copper plated zinc.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy em' take em to the nearest beach,playground, etc and spread em out! now that would be a hunting nightmare!!! Esp dang zincs!!!! Would be funny in a tot lot..... dam this snow is making me mean!

NOT FUNNY AT ALL!..

OH Old post I see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions