Basic Ear Training for Excalibur CD

Water Gal Pal

Aug 26, 2008
Attention Excalibur Owners Both New & Old! Exclusive New Learning Tool You DON’T Want to Miss!

Tony Diana, one of Kellyco's long-time customers as well as a renowned musician, has put together a one-of-a-kind CD for Minelab Excalibur users. This CD is the first time that the principles of sound engineering have been applied to detecting signal recognition. It establishes terminology and definitions for the science of listening to these signals and the art of applying them.

Being a trained musician has given Tony an interesting perspective on the various tones, pitches and signals produced by the Minelab Excalibur metal detector; it has also given him great success on Florida's beaches. Tony has found countless rings, necklaces, bracelets and other jewelry; and he credits his great success with his ability to tell the subtle differences in sounds issued by his metal detector.

From the combination of Tony's love of treasure hunting and his trained musical ear, the CD "Basic Ear Training for Excalibur" was born. Part easy-listening, part step-by-step instructions, this CD is essential for anyone who owns a Minelab Excalibur metal detector and hopes to be successful on the beach.

Tony's calm, patient voice provides a gentle explanation to the multitude of tones issued by the Excalibur and compares these tones with the corresponding notes played on a piano and a banjo. For example: By playing a simple A-B split of the sounds issued by a clad penny and a clad dime you will hear the subtle differences between these two similar signals.

This CD is a one-of-a-kind experience and invaluable for Excalibur users both new and old. If you're asking yourself "Do I really need this CD?" just think about how you would verbally explain the differences between a nickel signal, an aluminum pulltab signal and a gold ring signal to the average metal detector user.

Listening to this CD will forever change how you hear metal detector signals and give you more insight into a simple "beep" than you ever imagined.

Visit: http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/excalibur_traning_cd.htm for more information on this CD and message me if you have any questions!

Water Gal Pal
aka
[email protected]

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Water Gal Pal, Hate to be a cynic here but your company needs to put a small portion of the CD on the site so that we can get an idea of it's value. 30 bucks ain't cheap for a CD that has 1 persons interpretation of the Excal's tones. Thanks

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
All U need to do is epoxy a nickel to your boot, check It often and U will have what you need do know and it will only cost U .05 U will learn the rest as U go along :thumbsup:

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gametalman52 said:
Water Gal Pal, Hate to be a cynic here but your company needs to put a small portion of the CD on the site so that we can get an idea of it's value. 30 bucks ain't cheap for a CD that has 1 persons interpretation of the Excal's tones. Thanks

Welllll.... Wanda isn't the one that works on the website. I do :) But Wanda DID help Tony with his ideas and putting this CD together.

I agree that we need to get some samples up on the website and that's on the project list to do. BUT - in the meantime you should check out Tony's Ear Training for Excalibur Myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=432703341

There's a sample there that is really awesome. I've heard the whole CD and it was so helpful for me. But then again I don't get out and hunt every day so for me to be able to sit inside and learn things that I would only otherwise be able to hear in a test garden is invaluable.

Tony calls it a "portable test garden" and he's right. And he has the gold to prove that he knows what he's talking about. It truly is an excellent CD. Check out his Myspace!

- Ali

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
A while back someone posted a zipped file of numerous examples of what items sound like when the excalibur passes over them. It's pretty accurate and it was FREE. That's what I used to figure out what was what out in the field. I do very well with my excalubur now.

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Just wading in here... I recently bought this CD and I think it's amazing and I can't wait to put what I've learned into practice.
I've had my Excalibur for a couple of years and now, after listening to the CD several times, I feel that I can finally get the most out of my machine. I agree that the cost seems a bit steep; but if it helps you find just one more gold ring...well, you see my point.
There's even a section to help you focus on the sounds before you actually step foot in the sand on a given hunt day. The repetition, the side-by-side sound comparisons all help to prepare your ears for a profitable experience.
I'm heading to the beach this weekend; the first time since I've gleaned some additional knowledge from the CD. I'll report back here to tell you how/if it helped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread