Have you ever forgotten??

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Left the house with my digger, probe, dirt towel, detector, keys, wallet, smokes, shades, you name it. Drove two hours to a neighboring large town to visit family, but mainly to detect. What did I forget, you may ask? Battery pack, merrily charging away on the kitchen counter. :P

A

archaeon

once i got all my gear together and drove to a site to detect. when i got there, i looked in the backseat and saw that my detector wasn't there...so i turned around and drove home to get it... i got there and got out of the truck, went into the house, and no detector! went back outside and saw that it was on my roofrack! it made it all the way and back without falling off! lol

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
archaeon said:
once i got all my gear together and drove to a site to detect. when i got there, i looked in the backseat and saw that my detector wasn't there...so i turned around and drove home to get it... i got there and got out of the truck, went into the house, and no detector! went back outside and saw that it was on my roofrack! it made it all the way and back without falling off! lol
Ouch, moment of terror there, eh?

A

archaeon

af1733 said:
archaeon said:
and relief! :D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
archaeon said:
af1733 said:
archaeon said:
and relief! :D
:thumbsup:

M

michigan michael

Blacksheep said:
Forgot my wife at walmart once, and only once. :wink:

(To this day, she takes the keys from me when at a store)

Oh NOOOOO!!!!!!!! Hope you had the money with you! ;D

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My buddy 'Indian Bob' and I had planned for weeks to hunt a 1800's homesite for a full Saturday and maybe camp for the night and hunt Sunday if finds were promising.
We live so far in the sticks that bible salesmen can't find us and we were going to 'The Country".
Gradually stacked all our gear on my porch ahead of time.
Loaded my 4wd late at night and arrived at the site in the wee hours of what proposed to be a very hot Saturday morning .
I erected the tent ,gathered wood , and so forth while Indian Bob unloaded the coolers of foodstuffs ,cooking gear ,and two 5 gallon water jugs under a makeshift shade to keep them cool as possible during the weekend .
Bob came to me in a panic and said "We got to go back , we left the beer cooler on your porch !"
"Gee,Bob",I said ,"We got 10 gallons of water ."
"Butch , in an emergency like this you can't be concerning yourself about cleanliness ."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread