Cemetery hunting?

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Nope,never,nada.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each little plot in the cemetery is purchased for the particular person buried there. My feelings are, it's private property and you don't have permission. A deserted graveyard is also hallowed ground. Indians have, what they refer to as sacred burial grounds, and I'd like to think we ALL deserve the same level of respect..........except for the Egyption pharaohs of course. :D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
& At the same time Some People (Not Me) Consider the Whole Ocean a Grave Yard

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, there are numerous "degrees" of ways that folks feel about certain subjects. Just gotta go with your gut and hope it doesn't upset someone.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
packerbacker said:
Yep, there are numerous "degrees" of ways that folks feel about certain subjects. Just gotta go with your gut and hope it doesn't upset someone.

And, don't post about it unless you want to get "judged" and tormented! :) :thumbsup:

P

pippinwhitepaws

i was thrown out of an archaeology class for calling the profession grave robbers. :tongue3:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To each his own....Personally, If I were driving by a cometary and saw a guy digging for someone who's deceased or the ones of grieving deceased lost items I would think that would be pitiful! It's kinda creepy to think people do that. It was put there for a reason or dropped in despair....leave it alone! just my view...to each his own!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Each little plot in the cemetery is purchased for the particular person buried there. My feelings are, it's private property and you don't have permission. A deserted graveyard is also hallowed ground. Indians have, what they refer to as sacred burial grounds, and I'd like to think we ALL deserve the same level of respect..........except for the Egyption pharaohs of course. :D

:icon_farao: Ya know, I'm tellin ya..I..get no respect... no respect at all. :dontknow:

Thanks, but no thanks,
Rodney the Pharoah ;D

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunted at an old churchwith grave yard right next to it. I went on the outside of the fence, & on path leading to graveyard gate, & felt so incredibly guilty just doing that, I can't imagine anyone not feeling pangs of guilt hunting inside one. follow your heart. you know whats right

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread