Good deal?

freesilver:D

Jan 14, 2009
hello, i wasnt quite sure where to put this so im guessing this is okay? I'm also a semi-young collector so i dont have that much money to buy more of each item. I want to buy the following coins from apmex. one 2009 Silver American Eagles for 15.99. One 1923-S Almost Uncirculated for 19.99 (peace dollar) One 2009 - (1 oz) Silver Maple Leaf for 15.49. One 1 oz (.999) Fine (NEW) Silver Rounds - Buffalo for 14.99 and finally one 1878-1904 Morgan Silver Dollars - MS-63 PCGS for 39.99. Is this a good deal or at least decent? or am i getting screwed? I'm just looking to further my coin collection, but i cant purchase from ebay or a coin store :\. Thank You so much everyone. If you need links for the coins please tell me. Oh also the shipping will end up as 9.95. Thanks again.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver is $12.45/oz bullion price today. The 2009 Silver Eagle - about right, little better than some dealers at the moment. Same for the maple leaf. Realize these are only worth the silver content and whatever interest you can drum up should you chose to sell them If you tried to sell these back to a dealer tomorrow you would take a soaking. The Morgan "type-coin" is a good deal if truly MS-63. The Peace dollar is also where it should be. Does not look like you were had. Spreading the shipping over the coins makes them a little less attractive.

If I may, I would personally recommend you focus on pre 1964 mintages. Coins made for collectors may bottom out to bullion value but the true coin strikes are generally solid value holders. Find a variety that interests you and focus on that . Buying on whims and all over the board may or may not work out as an investment, but if you have a collection you enjoy it always has value to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread