Pinpoint--only $15.00??

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
Hi group,
while searching metal detecting blogs I came across the following, I have not tried it yet but may just for the fun of it in case it works.

Metal Detecting Tips
PINPOINT FOR ONLY $15.00

I was recently shopping at our local Harbor Freight tool store, when I saw a metal
detector made for finding nails in wooden boards. This unit is only 81/2" long and 1
1/2" wide. The head is 2 3/4" wide. I thought it might come in handy to pinpoint an
object under the coil of a metal detector. I had no idea of the sensitivity of this unit but
bought it anyway for $15.00

I was very surprised to find out I could very accurately pinpoint small metal objects,
even could sense copper clad BB's which I had a hard time finding with my eyes. This
"Little Wizard II" Which it's called is light in weight but strong, has a thumb adjustment
for sensitivity and a screw adjustment for course tune. It runs on one 9v battery with a
good running time. My Grandson uses it in the back yard to find coins and nails etc.
just by itself. I hope someone else might find this helpful as I do.

Dennis

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Minstrel,
got one myself.

Have others but at that price it is a darn
good backup.

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
If you're talking about the Mr. Wizard it's what I use. My machine pinpoints close enough for me. Don't need a pinpointer looking another three inches!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to have to check this out and see if the hardware stores around here carries them. Thanks for the tip..Matt

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
I have a few of them they were so cheap. You have to check the ends on the probe end because sometimes they fall out. A little glue fixes it right up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread