Big Strange Dry Washer----Need Help To Identify

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
I finally brought the strange Dry Washer home. As you can see its industrial strength. Has anyone ever seen one like it or know who made it? It may be scratch built. Its powered by a 2hp engine that turns 3 sets of bellows on the bottom to push air up through the traps. It is very heavy and made from plate steel. Also needs a complete overhaul which I plan on starting ASAP. Thanks for your help! Cork

Attachments

• dw1.JPG
    dw1.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,566
  • dw2.JPG
    dw2.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,359
  • dw3.JPG
    dw3.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 590
  • dw4.JPG
    dw4.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 642

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Now all you need is a backhoe or bobcat............... :coffee2:

OP
OP
Sierra Kid

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
Wish I had a Bobcat. Nope, all the work will by my two arms and weak back. ;D It certainly looks like it will handle a lot of volume. The tires actually held air after sitting in the desert for 20+ years. Amazing.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
:o There is no way one person with a #2 shovel is gonna keep that monster fed! Holy Smokes!!

OP
OP
Sierra Kid

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
LOL. It can handle more than I and several friends can throw in it. One of my friends suggested a conveyor belt system to feed it. Overhaul has started....

OP
OP
Sierra Kid

Sierra Kid

Feb 7, 2009
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
Pookie,

A dry washer is used to separate the placer gold from the sand and soil in the desert dry washes. The heavy gold gets trapped in the riffles and the sand gets blown out and shaken out. You pan the leftover stuff trapped in the riffles ever few minutes. Typical dry washers fit in the trunk of your car, so this one is very unusual. Cork

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Yeah that's a bad a$$ washer, but your choice in trucks speaks volumes in how serious you take your machines. Or maybe I'm just biased. Go luck on the rebuild.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread revived !

Corky , that big dry washer looks like a puffer (bellows) type if I am not mistaken -judging from the last picture !
A front end loader/Bob cat will definitely make a good companion to this beast !

jlivings

Nov 3, 2009
Back in the U.S. of A.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD 2200, Fisher gold bug, Fisher cz6, Garrett Sea Hunter, Fisher Gemini 3000, TesoroLobo Super Trac, Whites pin pointer
Did you ever get this thing operating? Any videos of it working? Is it for sale?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread