Small cache 332 dimes and 1 Indian Head cent...pics

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
You can't blame them for that attitude. They saw you bust your ass for
four hours plus and you got $33 and change for your efforts. To their
mind you made a little over minimum wage. If you had found $330
silver dollars in four hours they would have been impressed.
siegfried schlagrule

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I see the indian cent photo I requested. In my opinion the cent without corrosion would grade at least very good on the obverse and as much as fine on the reverse. Once you get it slabbed and authenticated I expect it to come back as a net VG fine details reverse and they will mention the corrosion. Full retail would be $540 and may bring more with the same photos on ebay. Try it there before you go to the cost of slabbing. That would give you even more money that way. Excellant find. You should also check your dimes for varieties. Some lesser known types worth premiums ---1921 dates - all mintmarks; 1926-s; 1929-s double die; 1931 - double die; 1931-d; 1931-s double die; 1936 - double die; 1937 - double die; 1937-s double die; 1939 - double die; 1941 - double die; 1941-d double die; 1941-s large s; 1941-s double die; 1942/41; 1942/41-d; 1945s micro s. Some of these are illustrated in the recent editions of Red Book and for the othersyou need a copy of the Cherry Pickers Guide.good luck, siegfried schlagrule

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Any idea on the source of these coins? It'd be interesting to see what a city directory from the time of their placement might tell you. If you could learn more about the person who most likely hid them, you mighthave a better idea of what else you're looking for.

Dated the matchbox cars yet?

Keep at it!

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! Perserverance pays off. :o

I would have probably stopped at the concrete and assume the signal was rebar or something. :tard:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow, that is awesome!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man ypou stuck to it and it pay off. Sweet find...Matt

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat story! Congrtats on the cache.

Brian

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, that's what it's all about right there!! Next I'd be heading back to that orange tree!!

OP
OP
Cachefinder

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
Thank you all for your replies!!

Lowbatts

I am still looking into who the original owners were.  The homes in this area were all bought up by
investors that knocked the homes down and build million dollar home with an acre property all of this
was in the past 10 years--My grandparents didnt sell --but all "old neighbours" are all gone.
So I cant talk to any of them- :BangHead:

I have asked my grandfather 3 times now about those matchbox cars and he says "I think I put them
away or something"  which means he wrapped them back up that day he showed us and put them
somewhere in his many garages of stuff.  He wont let me look for them ....says "there stuff everywhere
dont want you getting hurt"--this man is 84 yrs old and in great shape.(his mind is going)

I have ask my mother to try to talk to them --but they dont even listen to her--so all I can do
is wait and enjoy the time with them now--and wait for the day to go thru the whole house.

Cachefinder-

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Well good luck with the future hunt. Just seems there might be quarters somewhere else, nickels in another hidey hole, maybe even some halves and dollars in their respective places! Sounds like a welcome challenge, good luck with it!

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
That's awsome!!!!!! Now get a LRL and goto town! - WAIT I'M KIDDING! BAD LRL JOKE! All kidding aside that is a super find!! Keep digging! 1909 IH Rocks!!

M

michigan michael

LUCKY! :wav:

Attachments

• lucky.jpg
    lucky.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 161

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread