ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing I know is my mom bought one through a mail order catalog around 1962 and my brother and I had a lot of fun finding stuff with it.

Got a picture of it?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Alls I can say is, that's a real dinasour. That Co. went by-the-wayside in the early to mid 1970s? My guess is they'd be doing good to get a coin at 4", and if they even HAD disc. (by the early '70s), it would've been very rudimentary. About the only places you'd do good with that today, would be a place that's totally virgin, and hasn't seen any other detectors. You'd still only be scratching the surface of most types sites though. But if a site is prolific enough, yeah, you'd find stuff.

Goodyguy, I didn't think that Co. was around as early as 1962?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA said:
Alls I can say is, that's a real dinasour. That Co. went by-the-wayside in the early to mid 1970s? My guess is they'd be doing good to get a coin at 4", and if they even HAD disc. (by the early '70s), it would've been very rudimentary. About the only places you'd do good with that today, would be a place that's totally virgin, and hasn't seen any other detectors. You'd still only be scratching the surface of most types sites though. But if a site is prolific enough, yeah, you'd find stuff.

Goodyguy, I didn't think that Co. was around as early as 1962?

Good call Tom. Now that I think of it ours was a Relco. Hard to remember that far back.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Jetco Mustang was my first detector in 1970.
I found a lot of bottle caps and coins with it, from
that point on I was hooked for ever.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be a good detector for the tot lot as most items is close to the top...Matt

Sundancer

Feb 14, 2009
Fort White, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Tesoro Lobo
Never had a Jetco but I still have my first one which I bought in 1969. It is a bright yellow Goldak. I found tons of great coins with it (+ tons of trash ) and it still works. Man, in those days the concept of having something like my DFX was like my having a Saturn 5 with Apollo 11 on top.. :-)

Mike

Jeff(or)

May 17, 2007
A Jetco was my first detector, only had it for about a week, then bought a White's, what a difference.

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg--jetco--I had one of those back around 1972-73--found a few coins and relics with it, then the shaft broke and I sold it. Those are some old memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread