How detecting is to much detecting?

M

michigan michael

This is my first year detecting. I received my detector last November. Since some of the warmer weather hit, I have had a lot of extra time on my hands since the company I worked for closed and not a lot of job prospects here in Michigan.

I have left to go detecting as early as 9:00am and not made it back home until 6-7:00. I found myself in search of the precious with a flashlight. :tard: Do I have a problem? lol I think I might. How much time do you spend detecting?

Attachments

• lordoftherings.jpg
    lordoftherings.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 346

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you have the time and desire I don't think you can MD too much...unless you have a spouse that's starting to lock you out of the house. ;D

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Ask yourself these questions.

Do you dream of metal detecting?
do you scratch holes on the sheets when you are sleeping?
do you get clammy hands when you see another detector?
Do you mow the lawns when they dont need mowing just to have soil under your feet?
When you walk along a beach do you walk by kicking the sand?
Do you secretly hide the wifes rings in the garden the night before to metal detect the next day?

If you answer yes to all the above yes you have a problem!!

Sasnz ;D :D ;D

B

BIG61AL

AAAAAHHHHH. I have the detecting bug too and there is no cure! AAAAAAHHHH

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:
I got it tooooooo :tard: :tard: and i LIKE IT ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Very sparse time for detecting so far this year. Got my home work done, gotta wait for thawed ground and the girls to give up one of the cars two days a week now. So the precious awaits me too.

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are days when time is allowed I can hunt for hours. Then there are days where the detector sits
in the closet for weeks. If your at a hot spot that is giving up numerous clad, or rare coins you bet a person
is going to spend as many hours as possible. Have fun it's only hobby. It also is amazing how fast time flies
when your out hunting.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too much time detecting? I fail to see the problem, LOL.
Bill

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
It's all good, it's when the significant other thinks your out to much is when you may have to find a balance or tell her like it is and see how that goes, lol.

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

thrillathahunt said:
Honey, it's either ME or your metal detector! :tongue3:
My metal detector......... What was the other one again? :icon_scratch: ;D

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

I have only pulled clad coins, mostly memorial cents but, I am really caught up with collecting what was lost. It keeps me going until my oldies start coming in. Its kind of funny. I find a ton of 1965 dimes and quarters but that is my cut off. No 64's. On a bright side during the month of February I have pulled a working i pod and a brand new looking cell phone on surface finds. No charger so I do not know if the phone works or not. sure hope this snow melts quick so I can get back out there. :sunny:

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
living here in Michigan of course I'm waiting for spring but during the summer I am out there every spare minute ( I'm retired ) but keep in mind
the grass has to be mowed first have a good summer detecting. Lee

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Ernest T Bass said:
"How much detecting is too much detecting?" Get married, then you will always know this answer. ;D :D :wink:
I am married that is why I was asking...... Oh yeah...... She is right. lol

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Ernest T Bass said:
"How much detecting is too much detecting?" Get married, then you will always know this answer. ;D :D :wink:
I am married that is why I was asking...... Oh yeah...... She is right. lol
HE HE HE ! See there , you figured out the answer to your own question with very little direction from us .
How much time on TN will be answered in the same way ........just ask my wife ... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions