how to ask for permission??

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
yeah your daughter probably would seal the deal, might even get you a few cookies as a snack too :wink:
I think that would be ok myself what you said below

Gary in Pennsylvania said:
Another neat thread.

I have YET to walk up and ask permission to hunt a propertyā€¦ā€¦but thatā€™s because I donā€™t have gear yet (Iā€™m seriously narrowed down to an MXT).

BUTā€¦..when the time comesā€¦.I have no reservations walking up and asking to hunt. Iā€™m an outgoing fellow and would walk up to the door with detector in hand (that alone may peak some interest).

The pitch I intend to use???

ā€œHello! My name is <Gary in Pennsylvania> and I live on <My Road> in Roaring Brook. My daughter and I are admitted history buffs. And thatā€™s what we do for funā€¦..find history. Youā€™d be amazed at what may lie just inches below your feet! My daughter and I would LOVE to see what sort of history your property is hiding. It looks like itā€™s been around for a few generations. Our ultimate goal is to respect your groundā€¦.weā€™ll be careful so that you wonā€™t even know where weā€™ve dug. And youā€™re more than welcome to watch or see what weā€™ve found. Is that OK? ā€œ

And even THAT is a little wordy.

My daughter (9yrs old) will be my huntinā€™ buddy, and her presence will also likely be a good ā€˜ice breaking calmer-downerā€™ for the property owner.

Iā€™ll let ya know how well it works!

-

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I have heard of people bringing their young kids with them (they gotta be young and cute), and getting more positive answers. Funny how that psychology works, but I guess it puts you into the positive light of a respectful family man or whatever.

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado
Most people have a very hard time saying no to kids or when kisd are present. I take my daughter and son with me because I inheritated three detectors. The only draw backs is when my daughter is done, we are all done ::)

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell her there is a secret cache of cookies buried around there somewhere and she will keep swinging the detector..lol..gregg

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one sure way :thumbsup:

Attachments

• money.jpg
    money.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 196

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o ::) ??? :icon_pirat: I will try this and let you know Thank You from Garrettman64 :thumbsup:

Mar 5, 2009
Usually you ask nice and offer them a percent of your findings.
usually between 15 and 25 percent.

If you have a kid bring them it might help to convince them that you are not a threat to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread