Bushmanshoek Boer War Tented Camp 1899 to 1902 South Africa

Africa

Apr 27, 2008
Queenstown South Africa
:coffee2: Just had some tea, lovely hot Earl Grey with fresh honey from my bee hives, I have 15 bee hives where I get my honey from. Every year I rob them and sell the honey in the wax cone. (want to buy some)?

Okay I am sure that you all will find this article of interest, but it will take a few days to complete as well. (Was supposed to go to bed). :icon_scratch:

About 60km from where I live (Queenstown, Eastern Cape) do a Goggle Earth search if want to see the area. A very good friend of mine Melville, lives on this farm and his Father still farms with him as well, anyway I am sure that I have mentioned this area before elsewhere on this web site, anyway my friends Father's Father firast owned this farm, he bought it in 1908 which is just past The Boer War date that ended in 1902, thus as far as we are aware, nobody else has had the fortune of visiting this vast area with a machine, after my friend had given me permission to hunt on his farm, over the years I have found many items and thus this is why I have done what I have done, I have selected various items from my collections, I then made up this small display cabnet with a removable glass section and then I mounted the items onto the green felt in the cabnet, I then also put some nice brass loops at the rear so that it can be hung from a wall.

I then numbered each item in the cabnet and in a seperate frames mounted display, I have given a brief history of each item and what it is. I then contacted The Molteno Junior and High School which is a small town about 15km from this area, made a date and time and went to see their headmaster and presented them with this display cabnet and other framed display that they can have and mount on their wall as a gesture of Goodwill, mainly to give something back to The History of this area, where young and old children can gain a bit of knowledge about the history of this area.

3279436712_43fe2866c6.jpg

Tomorrow I will continue and explain to you what each item is.

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
that was a nice thing you did :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread