davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...I know we all go through slumps and the only way to get out of it is to keep doing your homework and keep on swinging the coil. Having said that, I'm in a major slump stretching for several weeks. The only thing I've found of interest is one 3 ringer bullet. I know how to use my machine so it's not a matter of that.

Treasure Net sure goes a long way to keep my motivation high in that I know there are lot of great finds out there just waiting for me to come along :wink:

But man, I could sure use some decent finds to help lift my spirits!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Head over to the Ohio banks and watch the ice melt, what there maybe of it.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well...take heart....there are some of us that haven't detected in months.....

Ole Man Winter keeps pummeling us with snow and freezing temps. We got another 5" last night of the fresh white stuff.

In between research and map downloading til my eyes are crossed.....I like to pop over to the "Today's Finds" forum and get a boost, fantisizing on what's waiting for me when I do finally get a chance to go out.

My last couple outings before we got snowed in turned up very little in the way of good keepers....so I stuffed my machine in the back of the closet with a poor season finale.

But you know stuff is there....just keep at it...it makes that next good find all the more exciting.

Al

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been able to detect a whit since the snow started in November and you're complaining about a slump over several weeks? I'll trade you places anytime.LOL
Bill

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12" of snow here and has been frozen solid for two months! Congrats on the CW bullet. HH, Mike

R

robbuckalew

Real de Tayopa is correct patience is the key. You could also do some more research, never hurts :thumbsup:

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Maybe your MXT has the same problem as my Classic 5ID: bad connector or cable. When it went south I couldn't detect a Buick if I were standing on the hood. It's boxed up now, ready for the trip back to Oregon. Hope my new Ace 250 gets here tomorrow.

OP
OP
davidtn

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnnysan said:
Maybe your MXT has the same problem as my Classic 5ID: bad connector or cable. When it went south I couldn't detect a Buick if I were standing on the hood. It's boxed up now, ready for the trip back to Oregon. Hope my new Ace 250 gets here tomorrow.

Oh it works just fine. In fact it picks up every piece of trash for 20 miles. I just need for my coil to sniff out the good stuff too! I know patience, research, etc. is part of the process...but sometimes you just get tired of being patient! :tard:

B

BIG61AL

I know the feeling.....it's been a year since finding a silver coin [1964D dime], which is my second silver coin ever! ??? I would do a dance if i could find Wheaties, mercs, barbers or seated coins like some TH do on a regular basis. I just happen to live in an area that was just nothing until the 1970's.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will send you an ounce of good fortune in the mail.

Keep at it, and the finds will come.

-Buckleboy

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
OHIO : It took me almost 35 years to find Tayopa. Relax, Patience, it will come.

Don Jose de La Mancha
kept going in circles?

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack
Its winter here but a 1809 2 story store in my small town burned down and as soon as the ground thaws out I am heading there! I got permission to hunt there today! They cleaned the mess up and left a nice smooth surface lot! I wonder what I might find here? The city also ripped up 80% of the sidewalks to install new gas lines this spring the ground from where the sidewalks were to the street is all dirt! I sure am looking forward to breaking inn my new Safari! old store.jpg

OP
OP
davidtn

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
I will send you an ounce of good fortune in the mail.

Keep at it, and the finds will come.

-Buckleboy

That's the nicest reply yet. Thanks for your encouragement and thanks to all of you for your encouragement.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes stick to it asks around :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Gettintoknowsomethin said:
Its winter here but a 1809 2 story store in my small town burned down and as soon as the ground thaws out I am heading there! I got permission to hunt there today! They cleaned the mess up and left a nice smooth surface lot! I wonder what I might find here? The city also ripped up 80% of the sidewalks to install new gas lines this spring the ground from where the sidewalks were to the street is all dirt! I sure am looking forward to breaking inn my new Safari!
Winner!
Hope it turns out as good as it sounds!

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
hi Dave. I know what you mean. I was in a slump at the end of the year, after a terrible MDing year of finding nothing of interest or value, except for a possibly silver high heeled shoe charm. So, I have conceded that beach hunting is basically a waste of time here in NE. The beaches are all sanded in here. So I dealt with my slump by coming up with other kinds of targets to seek, such as gold nuggets, and caches. I'm doing research on the best places to go find gold nuggets and caches.

My advise to you is to do likewise. Change your target. Instead of searching for "relics" or whatever you were searching for, pick something else.
Has there been any stage coach robberies in your area? What about gold nuggets? How about searching ghost towns? Something like this.
So now I am psyched again, and can't wait for the weather to break.

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its Ok I been in a slump I have not been out in a while but feeling much better weight and health problems stoped me but feeling better each day
:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread