Motivation

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I'm heading to KY in a couple of weeks and just found out that my friend can't do the trip. I hate driving alone...especially 5-6 hours. The scenery is less than intriguing, ok, it's just flat and boring. That's the problem...I get SO bored and antsy.
I decided to record a motivational CD on metal detecting for my listening pleasure.
stuff like, I am the most powerful treasure huntress in the universe. Treasure comes to me easily. BE the treasure, etc...

anyone care to lend their coil swinging, dirt digging, treasure hunting wisdom(s)?
Thanks.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
No offense intended . Driving is a privlege that requires due diligence and will require your full concentration if you are driving in a responsible and professional manner at all times .
If you find driving just an aggravation between where you are and where you wish to be perhaps you should hire alternative transportation .
That's a two and one half million mile with NO chargeable ,or preventable accidents ;or moving violations opinion of a truck driver that has helped fill altogether TOO many body bags with people that were bored and inattentive.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Thanks for your concern BUT I was being cheeky. Sorry it didn't come off that way.

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
vibes said:
Thanks for your concern BUT I was being cheeky. Sorry it didn't come off that way.

<grin!>

No worries Vibes......I recognized the friendly/casual tone in your post.

Not once did I think that in your 'antsy induced boredom' you'd be consumed with road rage and lay bloody carnage down the highway to Kentucky!
rambo-rambo-john-gun-smiley-emoticon-000137-large.gif
Machine_20Gun_20Smiley.gif

Music always helps.
Sirius Satellite Radio has a HUGE mix of music, sports, talk, religion, etc....
But ya gotta buy the system and a small service subscription.

-

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
vibes said:
No apology necessary ;D I found that the XM radio was a great aid in making the miles disappear .

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Thanks guys for your insight.
BUT, ya see, satelliteradio is a naughty word in my household. I'll stick to local radio no matter where I am in the world :thumbsup:

I thought,' now what *would* one put on their own motivational CD, just for treasuring hunting...like psyching yourself up for the big hunt.
Attitude of Treasure Gratitude, so to speak.

What would you name/title it? What would be your opening line?

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
vibes said:
BUT, ya see, satelliteradio is a naughty word in my household.

Satellite radio is 'verboten' in yer house but the interwebz ain't? 'splain me that!
<j/k><grin!>

-

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Stop at one and a half hour intervals or thereabouts, get out and hit the local playground with your detector for half an hour. Then, while driving, play the soundtrack from all the Sergio Leone-themed movies. Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and The Ugly, etc...

When you get to the destination, you will be crazy enough to forget everything you know about MD'ing and just go nuts digging everything. Winner!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
In that light ; take the 'little'roads that parallel your route using the 'big'road .
Many still have rest areas or pulloffs . Jump out and MD at one for a break every now and then . Adds to your travel time , but you never know what you might find .

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Gary in Pennsylvania said:
vibes said:
BUT, ya see, satelliteradio is a naughty word in my household.

Satellite radio is 'verboten' in yer house but the interwebz ain't? 'splain me that!
<j/k><grin!>

-

Yep, some of us make a living working in radio:) And the web is a tool. In MY world, big difference.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about kicking it off with "You're the Best--Around" from Karate Kid and finishing it up with "We Are The Champions" by Queen. 8)

-Buckles

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
-
[/quote]

Yep, some of us make a living working in radio:) And the web is a tool. In MY world, big difference.
[/quote]

Thats a tough business to be in now, no wonder you dont like the sirius-xm.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
jeff741972 said:

[/quote]

Thats a tough business to be in now, no wonder you dont like the sirius-xm.
[/quote]

I am beyond grateful and thankful for my full-time gig as most have gone by the wayside due to Voice tracking.
Gary in Pennsylvania said:
Well Vibes......

I started a new thread to maybe get you started:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,221992.0.html

<grin!>

-
Got it and of course HAD to add my 2 clads worth:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread