Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not realy dig everthing and you will miss nothen. :thumbsup:

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
are you certain it is 16 ohms?

higher ohms equal better tone/frequency responce.

I just checked web site and yes 16 ohms.

unless you just wanted the ambient noise reduction of the padded muffs,I would send them back.
or sell them to someone that says the ohm's do not matter.

the closer the speaker ohm to the device specified ohm means better efficiency of the supplied electrical
current(your batteries may last a couple of seconds longer,and less emf bleed off wich is minuscule anyway).

when I upgraded from my old koss phones (100 ohms) to ratphones (150 ohms) I noticed a definite
increase of tone quality(like analog tv to hdtv to my ears).maybe the koss had material degradation over
time that I never noticed but most crucial would be that the r/p's has a better build of materials.

field test the phones and see if they work for you,everyone has there own preference.I just received
a pair of rattlers(same company) and they look like decent quality to me(no field test yet).

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Your Jolly Rogers have volume adjustments, correct?

Volume adjustment is achieved by placing a resistive POT in the circuitry. This potentiometer varies the resistance (ohm value, ohmage, not homage) in the circuit path to change the signal amplitude, or in audio terms, volume.

There is a simple resistive circuit (shunt) in any decent audio path between source and output known as the impedance matching circuit that allows for maximum signal strength with minimum signal disturbance between the source (audio output of machine) and the load (headphone/speakers) used for your equipment.

Shouldn't be a problem!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread