wisconsin metal detecting law petition

rust in peace

Sep 26, 2007
West-central Wisconsin
Sorry if this already been posted.

It would certainly help all detectorists if people signed this petition.

The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has changed their Metal Detecting policy. The previous policy allowed metal detecting with a permit. The new policy requires a permit, but it pertains only to a specific item lost, all items recovered must be presented and reported to the property office for comparison with the permitted recovery. The property office will keep all recovered items not belonging to the permittee. This policy covers Wisconsin State Parks and all DNR managed land and water. Wisconsin DNR managed waters cover ALL navigable waters – 99% of all water in Wisconsin.

The Four Lakes Metal Detecting club in Madison will be discussing the options and avenues to have this policy change repealed at the meeting tonight. At the meeting next month (March 25th) the state archaeologist will be attending the meeting. The Board of Members are requesting that members of the club submit any questions, comments, and most especially valid alternative policies be submitted to them before March 8th. Any comments and questions will be voiced by Board Members only at this meeting.

A petition has been set up at the following web page http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveourHobby/?e

Please note that after you sign the petition you are asked for a donation. If you do not make a donation and close the page, your name is still on the petition. I’m not against sites like these supporting themselves in this manner, but you do not have to make a donation to remain an active signature.

Please let it be noted that the information I am sending out is a general statement of the situation as I understand it. I do believe this is a serious change that will affect any water hunting in Wisconsin, at any beach, swim area, or even in front of private residences.

I will do my best to answer any questions and I will be happy to accept information to forward on the the Board of Directors of the Four Lakes Metal Detecting club.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
As soon as I can do this without paying to sign let me know!

OP
OP
R

rust in peace

Sep 26, 2007
West-central Wisconsin
You don't have to pay to sign.

Please note that after you sign the petition you are asked for a donation. If you do not make a donation and close the page, your name is still on the petition. I’m not against sites like these supporting themselves in this manner, but you do not have to make a donation to remain an active signature.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
rust in peace said:
You don't have to pay to sign.

My bad,
Found this out just checking the e-mail where I got the verification that my signature counted. Thanks for the correction!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread