Resizing pics?

O

ohannos

Hello fellow TNetters.
I really feel like a fool here so i really help someone can help. Its about resizing pictures, i just havnt learned it. I am a member of photobucket wich someone said can do the job. But how? For example i have a picture at 2,2 Mbit. How do i get it down to 50kbit or whatever size im suposed to get it down to?
Please help :icon_scratch:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
O

ohannos

Thanks for the help SC_hunter.
For the risk of sounding stupid here but will that program keep the "size" of the pictures length and width wise and just make it take less space/mbits?

OP
OP
O

ohannos

Thanks alot guys. Got it now. It really wasnt hard so it was good i had i reason to feel a bit stupid :tongue3:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will keep the ratio in order..only cuts down the kbs. It takes all the guess work out of it. You will just rename the new pic and the old pic will still be the exact way it was before the resize

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IrfanView is what you are looking for. It's very very popular and totally free. Resizing is a snap, not to mention the countless other features it has.

link: http://www.irfanview.com/

HH

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I use Paint, the program that comes with every windows application.
  • I first upload my photos to the PC.
  • Then I open them up using Paint
  • Now on the paint tool bar I click on the Image tab
  • The drop box menu will appear, in the drop menu click on the Stretch/Skew option
  • At this point you can change the Horizontal and Vertical size of the photo's percentage value to what ever you like. Or you can use the Cut and Paste option to move a slected snippeit to a new paint file, and then keep following the proceeding procedures
  • Now go back up and click the Image tab again, then select the Attributes option
  • Now make sure the Pixel mode is slected, and then change the Width to 720 and the Heigth to 450
  • At this point I go back up the tool bar and click on the File tab, then select the save option, and then name and save the photo.

That's the basic way to learn how to resize using Paint.

OP
OP
O

ohannos

Ant said:
I use Paint, the program that comes with every windows application.
  • I first upload my photos to the PC.
  • Then I open them up using Paint
  • Now on the paint tool bar I click on the Image tab
  • The drop box menu will appear, in the drop menu click on the Stretch/Skew option
  • At this point you can change the Horizontal and Vertical size of the photo's percentage value to what ever you like. Or you can use the Cut and Paste option to move a slected snippeit to a new paint file, and then keep following the proceeding procedures
  • Now go back up and click the Image tab again, then select the Attributes option
  • Now make sure the Pixel mode is slected, and then change the Width to 720 and the Heigth to 450
  • At this point I go back up the tool bar and click on the File tab, then select the save option, and then name and save the photo.

That's the basic way to learn how to resize using Paint.

That is a very easy, good way. Thanks Ant!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread