Coin Albums / holder books.. Where to start?. starter kits?

Rare_Hunter

Mar 1, 2009
Green Bay, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Tesoro Golden U-Max
Want to pick some up for my nephew and myself for my detector finds :)
Is there a good place to start for these? I’m looking for a good starter set of multiple albums... or at least someplace decent that carries all the books... Amazon.com has them they are just scattered all over hard to sort through.

M

michigan michael

Check on ebay. There is a guy who sells the coin collector albums. He will discount the price depending on how many you purchase.

S

stefen

The better place to find, touch, smell and taste albums is at a local coin shop...here you get to see the actual condition of the album...

Several that I patronize have used albums that sell for a buck or two...a lot less than buying on Ebay or Amazon considering that you must pay a sales tax and shipping...

You need to get a current copy of the Coin Red Book, which provides all you need to know about "American Coins"...there are similar books for Canada, UK, and the like.

OP
OP
Rare_Hunter

Rare_Hunter

Mar 1, 2009
Green Bay, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Tesoro Golden U-Max
thanks everyone.. picked up some at the local coin shop & then ordered a couple online.

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Supply Express has a huge selection of coin collecting supplies, including kits for starters. They sell state quarter maps which are perfect for starting a coin collection. Starting A Coin Collection by Jeff Ambio - Coin Supply Express

Want to pick some up for my nephew and myself for my detector finds :)
Is there a good place to start for these? I’m looking for a good starter set of multiple albums... or at least someplace decent that carries all the books... Amazon.com has them they are just scattered all over hard to sort through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions