News Alert---House of representatives wants to end mining!!

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
THE SKY IS FALLING........THE SKY IS FALLING.......THE SKY IS FALLING.....psssst......it will never pass.....same idiots keep trying to push a dead horse across the line and they keep getting denied each time.

db

OP
OP
HMS Beagle

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 :: Tesoro Compadre :: Equinox 800
Wow, so sorry for passing along what I thought was pertinent info. Its good to know there are people that are all knowing, who will make it better by saying "it will never pass", instead of citing references to this sort of thing being introduced previously and being defeated. I'll be sure not to post anything of the sort again.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMS Beagle said:
Wow, so sorry for passing along what I thought was pertinent info. Its good to know there are people that are all knowing, who will make it better by saying "it will never pass", instead of citing references to this sort of thing being introduced previously and being defeated. I'll be sure not to post anything of the sort again.

Don't take it so hard Beagle :wink:

Your Posts are Welcome here.

This may be under Legal Issues also not sure.

JEFF

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Thanks for the heads up Beagle, a lot of us have eyes open and still make the mistake of saying "it can't happen here"

I'm hoping we get a ban on Congress myself. That bunch hasn't earned their pay in my lifetime.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
Thanks for the heads up Beagle, a lot of us have eyes open and still make the mistake of saying "it can't happen here"

I'm hoping we get a ban on Congress myself. That bunch hasn't earned their pay in my lifetime.

I'll take up Drinking

Just to drink to that :occasion14:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think before anyone says, "can't never" they better note that the majority of the House and Senate as well as the White House is in the hands of some people that don't think very far ahead. Their only criteria for making decisions is how much power and control they can gain by passing the next bill or law.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Beagle thanks for posting that, many things like this are missed in our daily lives, we simply cannot read every bit of news. so post away As for "that will never be passed" I believe they said the same about many parts of the Patriot bill for example, but -----X.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Beagle your post was definitely pertinent and we are glad you posted it. As for the "it will never happen here" attitude....the reason it has not passed before is because people DID take note of it and fight against it. A lot of folks put time and money into fighting these sorts of pushes and should they stop we could very well lose rights quickly, especially given the majority in the house and senate now. Thank you for doing your part tp inform others!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
It's certainly something to watch... but with AL Gore receiving $20,000 a year in royalties from Pasminco Zinc, which operates a zinc concession on one of his properties, I don't see it happening anytime soon. 

I think they should start mining congressional hypocrasy and lets see if we can't power half the nation on just that alone! 

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
jeff of pa said:
Lowbatts said:

I'll take up Drinking

Just to drink to that :occasion14:
I will forget that I'm an alcoholic to drink to that. OOooppppsss, I better think hard and long about the drink before I act on it.

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
Hey Beagle,
I have had the same happen to me. Personally I would rather have the information passed on to me a dozen times--good or bad news, might happen or might not happen--than to never hear it at all. That is the greatness of the internet and web sites such as this one where information can get out fast to the many.
Thanks for posting
Minstrel

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
From what I've read, the House is not wanting to end mining. Those claims are simply outlandish, at best.

It appears to be tightening up on a lot of loose ends, that will effect those making a living off public properties. Regulations always seem to effect those wanting a free ride.

What is the difference between a person who wants to find coins on a school ground or public park, or even diving in public waters to recover artifacts and treasure and a person who wants to recover natural resources on public land.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have been beating the heck out of the 1872 Mining Law for ages.

And, if you think they cannot get anything done, just apply for a patent. You won't get one. (no matter what anyone says that there are ways around it, with the 'moratorium', you cannot).

So, if you think it can never happen - it has already happened - they couldn't 'change' the law at the time, but Bruce Babbitt
certainly put a heck of a kink in it, and nobody - nobody - has stopped it.

And, it won't change for the good during any democrat congress.

B

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DanB said:
THE SKY IS FALLING........THE SKY IS FALLING.......THE SKY IS FALLING.....psssst......it will never pass.....same idiots keep trying to push a dead horse across the line and they keep getting denied each time.

db

That's the Trouble they keep pushing these things through
till some other idiot passes it.

or they tack it to a tax or Something completly
Different & Get it passed that way :(

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
REMEMBER THIS " INFORMATION IS POWER- POWER FOR THE PEOPLE"

I'M ALL MOST CERTAIN THIS IS IN THE " STIMULES PACKAGE". MOST