Golf course closed down. Good hunting spot?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yes your not there yet, fist worm day for us up here, tempiture 55 degrees haven't seen that temp since early November 5 months a go.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be a great spot but really large area. Golfers all the time in and out of golf carts, bending and stooping, etc. should be a lot of spilled change. I know where one is close to me. Hope I don't see you there! :D Monty

hyperion

Jun 26, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E Series
Absolutely go for it. Hands are in and out of the pocket at every tee box reaching for a tee. Around the greens it's the same thing finding that ball marker. Golfers take off rings, watches and other jewelry before play and stash it somewhere on the cart or in the bag. That stuff falls out all the time. Depending on the age of the course there could be a mound of silver coins waiting for discovery. Focus on the approach to the tee box (the area between cart parking and the tee box itself) and the area between where carts park and the entrance to the green. Also along the cart path where it has bumps, valleys or sharp turns. Good luck!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Depends on the history. See if there were old carnival grounds there, any other possibilities. It's a large area whether it's a small nine hole muni or a full 18. You might need help, maybe I can get some vacation time...

OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all,

Thanks for all the great replies. I'll definitly try it out. Another Tnet'er is the one who actually knows location and is working on getting permission. Don't think he has posted, though. :(

I did one of the CL ads, so I'll be working a few leads from that before I can get out the the nines.

HH

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a Ball Go for it ;D you may even find a few lost Balls :o :thumbsup:

RoadKillDave

Aug 16, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
I lost my University Class ring at a golf course. Sure wish I had an idea where at. I would take my detector out there nut with all the mowing they do it might have got hacked up.

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I can tell you this there is a golf course on Carolina beach rd. in Wilmington NC called Beau Rivage Resort I used to live there and work there as well, so in the afternoons I would go play free golf, and I know for a FACT that somewhere between holes 7 and 14 there are not 1 but 2 Gold Bracelet's that I lost while swinging of the tee. No telling how many other people have had rings,bracelet's, or necklaces break will teeing off. ;D Haven't owned one since.

P.S. If you find them I would like to have at least one back :wink:

Cw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread