for e-trac. Sunray probe or detector pro pistol probe? which would be best?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I recall there was a complication with Minelab e-trac. The switch box was permanently attached to the shaft instead of just clipping on. When available you had to send in your upper shaft for modification.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I recall there was a complication with Minelab e-trac. The switch box was permanently attached to the shaft instead of just clipping on. When available you had to send in your upper shaft for modification.

That wasn't the problem. You could either send in your shaft or purchase it pre-mounted on a new shaft.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I have a few machines and would like to try the Sunray DX-1 on my DFX, any suggestions or opinions on the operation on this detector would be appreciated. I looked into the Pistol Grip pin pointer, but some said the control door is cheaply made and breaks; is this true? Also, has anyone had any issues (police or general public) with the pistol grip with it looking like a "pistol" while holstered?

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread