Trash or Treasures Radio Show

Tecumseh

Feb 23, 2007
Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
1st- Mods, if you deem this inappropriate or in the wrong forum, please let me know, and I'll remove it.

Background: I've been a member of the site for a couple of years, but really only lurk. I have a busted Ace 250, so I haven't gotten out in a while, or had anything to post.

The gist: I work for a local AM radio station in NE Georgia. Once high school baseball season ends (roughly six weeks), I am planning on doing a weekend show, similar in concept to the Antiques Road Show on PBS. Listeners will be able to email pictures, or even come by the studio with items that they are curious about, and we will attempt to identify, and give a ball park value on. This will cover antiques, as well as coins and relics. On of the other things I would like to do is periodically focus on treasure hunting, be it MD'ing, gold mining, gem mining, what have you. Initially, I anticipate that it would be all in-studio activity, but longer term, I am hopeful that listeners would actually invite us out to their properties to conduct searches. So I am looking for experienced, friendly hobbyists who would be interested in coming on the air from time to time to discuss your experiences and share your knowledge, and possibly get to hunt some neat old properties. I do not know what the disposition of anything you find would be.

There may also be the possibility for some TV work.

Let me stress that there is no compensation.

Finally, we are definitely looking for advertisers. This show will be broadcast both on the radio, as well as over the web. For some of our race programming, we have had 20,000+ listeners. Mods, again, if you feel this is inappropriate, please delete it or let me know.

If you are interested, shoot me a pm or post here. Thanks.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Need semi-regular guests for radio show

No! I think that that O.k. here. I would like to watch the show my self or Even be on it.there is some people on this site that does a lot of research and then they turn up with some superb finds.And their really knowledgeable people on this site that know a lot a bout setting up detectors,like programing,trouble shooting,and what tools too use. Don't know nun of these people on this site but just read the post and look at the pic's and you can tell who's who.I would take eny body out hunting around here. That belong to this site.We mainly hunt copper.but we do have ghost towns from early 1800's,old schools,parks and swimming area's,and old churches.This place was booming in the early1900's Until the depression W.P.A did a lot of work in this area.So if any body coming this way let me know. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

Tecumseh

Feb 23, 2007
Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Need semi-regular guests for radio show

The time is nearly here!! :hello2: :hello2:

My show begins on June 27th. If anyone has any old knick-knacks, antiques, collectibles, coins, etc that they would like to talk about on the air, please shoot me a pm.

For those interested in just listening, the show can be heard here: http://wimoradio.com/index.php?mact...id=45&cntnt01from_roster=1&cntnt01returnid=53

Air time is 9:30 eastern, Saturday mornings. W00T!

OP
OP
T

Tecumseh

Feb 23, 2007
Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just a self serving bump. If anyone has something that they would like to have on the show, just shoot me a message.

Even if you don't, feel free to tune in. http://www.wimoradio.com Saturday morning at 9:30.

(Mods, again, if this is inappropriate, let me know)

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread