Help with camera (pictures) download to computer (windows vista)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have a new computer that I bought at Christmas and use a Sony digital camera. When I plug the camera in a dialog box would automatically appear and i would download the pictures using windows (vista) directly to windows pictures.. Since then, I have had no problem downloading pictures to my computer. Just a few days ago when I would plug the camera into my computer it stoped downloading the pics. I have exhausted myself trying to figure out why it doesn't work now. I have tried HP help topics and it said something about drivers. Windows Vista automatically configuerd the camera when I first bought the computer. There is no disc. It also said that auto player may be turned off. It's on. I've turned off all of my firewalls and security settings and no luck. Any help!! I have some finds I am dying to download.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not as familiar with Vista. Try plugging in the camera. Go to Start, My Computer, look for a highlighted removable drive (camera-may be listed as Sony). Then you might be able to view the pics and left-click drag images to your computer photo file.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I don't have Vista or a Sony camera, I have XP and a Kodak camera. I used to download my pics from my camera to my computer using the cord that came with my camera. After awhile I started having problems and found out it was Kodak. I had to uninstall Kodak then reinstall everytime I wanted to download pics. I don't have Kodak on my computer anymore. I use my HP printer to download all of my pics. I put my camera card into my printer and download the pics I want and save them to my computer. I wonder if Sony is doing the same thing that Kodak did to my computer. If you need HP drivers you can download them from HP Support and Drivers online, http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html . I hope you get it figured out soon.

Sue

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Shouldn't be a firewall problem, should check in the My Computer folder for drives and make sure the camera shows up and yes, make sure it's turned on!

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? I have Vista and a Kodak Easy share camera model cx 6330 I love it pm me or email me maybe I can help I am William to try. ;D

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
garrettman64 said:
??? I have Vista and a Kodak Easy share camera model cx 6330 I love it pm me or email me maybe I can help I am William to try. ;D

Same camera as I have and I love it. I keep wanting to move up to 8 megapixels, but there is nothing with wrong my camera.

Anyways, I hope someone can help Crazy with this problem so we can see his finds.

Sue

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Camera is on. It just worked fine a week ago, now the dialog box doesn't appear prompting you on what to do. It was just plug and play from December. Now i am perplexed on what it could be.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
CJH, You might check your program access and default settings. also you might try clearing cache and running a defrag. Maybe it'll realign itself. If not, try cleaning your computer with CCleaner...http://www.ccleaner.com/download from filehippo. It can clean up quite a bit and check for registry errors. On registry errors, it allows you to save the files in case you want to reinstall something.

I have several brands of cameras and just use the built-in card reader instead.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to Sony's website and see if you can download a camera drive

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Have you checked in the My Computer folder when the camera is atached and turned on?

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lowbatts said:
Have you checked in the My Computer folder when the camera is atached and turned on?

I went to my computer and didn't see it there. I used my laptop last night to download the pics and it works fine. The dialog box pops up from camera/scanner wizzard and it works ok. It's not the camera. It's something in my computer that is not set up right. Worked fine a week ago.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Is there anything here that might help?

Attachments

• scanner wizard.JPG
    scanner wizard.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 129

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
i have a sony dig camera, had same problem, only happens occassionally, go to my computer check on there, should show the camera icon, click on that, i have a disk if you want a copy

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
If it worked a week ago and you haven't loaded any new software you could always restore your computer back to when it worked and it should work again. It's a radical move to fix a problem but I have done that in the past and fixed problems in a system. Although, if it worked a week ago it should work now. Have you tried another USB port? Perhaps the port you are using isn't working properly.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No luck. Tried everything. I give up. I have spent hours and phone calls and no one can point to the problem. Thanks for all who have tried. I'm baffled on this one ::) ???

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fixed the problem. I just went back to a restore point when the computer was working fine and restarted March 1 :icon_sunny: Thanks for all of the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread