deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that the weather has warmed and the ground has thawed....I got the detector charged and was planning to hit a playground that was in the middle of a total overhaul. Dirt dug up everywhere so no worries about damaging sod...even tho I'd still fill in the holes..

It was a baseball field for many years dating back to the late 1800's....so you know it's gonna cough up some goodies. Well...NOT NOW!!! >:(

Seems some teenages got in there where the new playground equipment was and decided to tear out the insulation and scatter it everywhere. So now it's all fenced in and posted no trespassing every ten feet or so. I'm assuming until construction is complete, but then the community watchdogs are gonna be real leary of anyone doing anything that remotely looks like it might hurt a blade of grass I'm sure.

It's not us that's causing all the stupid laws in parks against detecting, its the vandals tearing everything up in sight so they don't want anyone doing anything anymore.

I talked to the guy that put all the no trespassing signs up. He told me he went door to door asking if anyone saw anything and if they saw any activity there to call him so he can call the police. Guess I better squeeze in an old dance ground before it gets posted...it's only a few blocks away. I'm sure I'll be watched like a hawk.

Nice neighborhood... ::)

Al

M

michigan michael

Maybe you could contact the parks division and offer to do volunteer work there. This would get you permission into the park and possibly gain trust and permission from the supervisor to hunt the areas that are not complete. Never know????

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
After something like that , you would think they wouldn't mind a law abiding citizen doing some detecting there and acting as a wacth dog to report any stuff like that.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sqwaby said:
After something like that , you would think they wouldn't mind a law abiding citizen doing some detecting there and acting as a wacth dog to report any stuff like that.
I agree,talk to someone high up in the parks dept. reassure them about your intensions and that you will be keeping an eye out while you are there and anytime you are passing by.you never know. unlike the residents there who might get lucky and see something while looking out the window you will be right there in the thick of it...WATCHING.
good luck :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread