I was almost skunked

retiree

Mar 18, 2009
Grand Prairie,Texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Decided to hit the local beach this morning. Found the usual pull tabs and some clad. The beach started to fill up with people so I was working my way back to my truck and decided to hit the tot lot. Got a signal about 15ft. before Igot there. Started to dig and saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. Looked up and there was a skunk walking along some rocks. I figured that was a sign for me to go.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Supringlingly I have had nothing but good experiences with skunks. 1 example - the second home I lived in had garbage cans out back. One night I heard the lid hit the ground. I went out and it was a skunk. At first I kept my distance, but he didn't seem to care that I was there. Every night he would come back and out of curiousity I would get closer and closer to him. Finally on the third night I had him (or her?) eating food out of my hand. Needless to say, he was one cool and calm skunk. 8)

I also remember watching some show on AP or something where people actually have skunks as pets in there homes just like cats. :icon_scratch:

I guess my point is that most skunks, even in the wild, don't seem to be afraid of us. You more than likely would have been safe from it spraying you. However... you never know and I certainly don't blame you for leaving. ;D

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::) ???m Ill Say this as clearly as possible if the mods need to delete this post I am making Please do so

now for the posting:

Although were not happy with skunks rats mice Roaches and many many other bad animals ::) ??? 8) there all Gods little creatures and we must learn to accept . :angel7:I agree I do not like certain ones such as skunks rats mice Roaches Squrrels but well we just have to get along with them til our Creator Comes back for mot of us or all it a dependant thing on who believes and whom doesn't as per my self I am firm believer and if any one like to pm to hear my story of how I almost died and came back I will tell you the Truth

Thanks Just my $ .02 Worth :wink:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Skunks are great critters . Member of the cat family and one of the easiest of the wild community to domesticate if you understand their quirks .
They dig and consume countless bumblebee and yellowjacket nests in a year . By the same token , they can be worse than a black bear on a honey bee colony .
We live with them and when one of our dogs fails to negociate with them we resort to peroxide/baking soda/dish soap wash to eliminate the smell .
Our Aussie is a poor neighbor and got the last bath just a few days ago :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread