Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can pay $20 or $300 for a pinpointer. The higher dollar ones usually detect at a larger distance. I prefer one that has a maximum distance of 1", since I am trying to pinpoint. I find that all do there jobs.

Ed D.

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
1", from the tip to the target. If you just want to try one, get a centech from harbour freight. Its under twenty bucks and works well.

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
can someone post some links to buy pinpointer? :thumbsup:

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
I have an old tiny tech that never fails but recently I purchased a garret pro pointer, man that is one slick pointer with one slick little belt holster. Git chew one!!!
HH John :wav: :blob6:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Garrett Propointer. Love it. It also works as fine hand-held MD'er for near surface coins. Was waiting at the doctor's office the other day and there was a strip of grass (barrier island) that I detected using just the pinpointer. I was able to sweep the surface and pull out the change that was dropped without having to look conspicuous.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Garrett Propointer. Love it. It also works as fine hand-held MD'er for near surface coins. Was waiting at the doctor's office the other day and there was a strip of grass (barrier island) that I detected using just the pinpointer. I was able to sweep the surface and pull out the change that was dropped without having to look conspicuous.

You mean more conspicous ;D

Anyone know of a shoe sole mounted metal detector? Might look funny swinging your leg though ;D

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all that responed....Matt

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Pinpointing Devices allow you to spend more time detecting, and less time sifting through dirt piles, while trying to find your treasure. I prefer a separate pinpointer rather than an inline unit. I just don't want the added weight to my DFX. I use the Vibraprobe 560, which has been replaced by the 580. It is totally submersible and has no on off switch. I had two White's Bullseye probes fail on my due to faulty switches.

I highly recommend the Vibraprobe. http://www.treasureproducts.com/vibraprobe.html

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Goodyguy said:
Diver_Down said:

Anyone know of a shoe sole mounted metal detector? Might look funny swinging your leg though ;D

Nah, no one even looked my way while I squatted and waved the pinpointer over the surface. 15 min. wait and pulled over a dollars worth out of that strip. Placing your thumb over the speaker makes the propointer very quiet. Just wave the pointer and wait for the vibration.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Goodyguy said:
Diver_Down said:

Nah, no one even looked my way while I squatted and waved the pinpointer over the surface. 15 min. wait and pulled over a dollars worth out of that strip. Placing your thumb over the speaker makes the propointer very quiet. Just wave the pointer and wait for the vibration.

Cool I'll try it tomorrow.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• shoedetect.jpg
    shoedetect.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 116

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Diver_Down said:
2" inch depth detection and blazing yellow case. Talk about stealth...

And how is it on wind drag? See, I attempt to keep the feet swift and aerodynamic :tard:

I have a *slightly* used vibraphone. The more I use it, the more I depend on it. Funny cause the first few times I used it, I found it to be a bit cumbersome and a hassle; diggin tool, pin pointer, MD...a vicious cycle. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread