Whats wrong with Bounty Hunter M/D ers?

craigsaaron

Mar 8, 2009
Youngsville, LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Have been scouring the information on this sight and am getting the feeling that Bounty Hunter products are inferior to most. Whats up. I have been using the product for 1 yr. and have found it most satisfying. Have found gold (Class ring and men's wedding ring), Silver, (35-40 coins). I give Bounty Hunter a thumbs up! A friend was selling a Whites XLT Series E and let me try it out. Might be my short time of experience but I preferred the Bounty Hunter.

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 4th year with a Bounty Hunter, last year I found a small stud ear ring in 8" in of sand. I'll keep my BH

Gator...........................

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with Bounty Hunter and moved up to the top end machines
and now I'm going back the other way. I sold them all but the Ace 250
and the X-Terra 70 . They are a lot lighter to handle and will find as much
as the big buck machines. Take time to learn your detector and what it will do
and dig everything. You don't need to spend big bucks to enjoy this hobby.
Bounty Hunters are good detectors in my opinion.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
My Bounty Hunter Tracker IV was good to me. But, in no time flat, I needed a better machine. The middle meter display on the Tracker IV was useless. Tones are what really mattered. It also dug iron too Yuck.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is thing wrong wit Bount Hunter Detectors. I still have the sharp shoot II as my backup detector. Some day It is the detector that I use is a area that I already hunted to see what it will find andI will still find coins with it. They are a great machine...Matt

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to brag but.......I have out hunted everyone I have gone detecting with.

My secret is a lot of digging cause I keep it on all metal and no discrimination.
Is a simple machine with no bells and whistles. Automatic ground balance, Works in the dirt or at the beach, Waterproof coil.
It beeps I dig.

Find Dimes 4" to 6" in damp soil.
Quarters even deeper. And that is just with my 4" coil.

I have found every thing you can imagine. From trash to diamond rings.

I love my Bounty Hunters! :love10: :love7: :love4:
have a different coil on each one......4".......8"......10"
Just cant beat um for the price.

Attachments

• BH.jpg
    BH.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,188
  • BH.jpg
    BH.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,194

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the mid 70's my sister bought a cheap Bounty Hunter at a yard sale for $10 and she found at least as much stuff as I did with my $650 Garrett Deep Seeker, lol... Her husband ran over it with the car and after they straightened it out it worked just as good as before. She did dig more stuff than I did but she held her own with that cheap detector.

DANGLANGLEY

Drache

Mar 20, 2009
Likely, BC Canada
Well I just placed a bid on a "used for 10 minutes" Bounty Hunter Lone Star and if no one outbids me within 18 hours then I'll get it for about $120 CDN shipped to my door. This will be my first MD purchase and I've got a lot to learn!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Good luck with your almost new BH. Many of us started out using one and "moved up" to machines with bells and whistles.

I think the current mid to high end BH's are as good as anything on the market with very few exceptions. The better high end machines will do a better of job of picking through trashy sites, and getting more accurate id info at depth but you can dig nice good coinage at depth with a BH, as many here have proven.

OP
OP
craigsaaron

craigsaaron

Mar 8, 2009
Youngsville, LA
Detector(s) used
I have a Quick Draw II. And it is doing very well. Thanks for all the BH posts. Go BH fans.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
All you have to do is look at Montana Jim's finds and you will see there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Bounty Hunter. It's more about using a machine that fits you or rather you enjoy using. For some people it's weight, displays, amount of info, balance, tone vs threshold ID and so on. When you have the opportunity to use another machine try it out and see. Once you become comfortable with your machine it will be hard to give it up. HH and may you find the mother load! :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only problem I have with them
is they are sold By Stores
Like Wallmart & Radio shack with
absolutely No Info on the Proper
use.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've owned MDs since the BFO days. My facorites, Impulse 8 and GTA 500, aren't even made anymore. Learn to use your BH better than anyone else you know and don't worry about anyone else's "chest thumpin'" their brand. The proof is in the apron pocket, not the detector. If that wasn't clear enough, the bells and whistles don't find more, knowing your detector will,any price range! .....TTC

OP
OP
craigsaaron

craigsaaron

Mar 8, 2009
Youngsville, LA
Detector(s) used
Hey Jeff of PA. You spend alot of time searching for info on places to hunt as a M/D er. You should know that BH has its own web sight to locate the proper use of the machine. Information on BH is easier to acquire than some of the research required to make good finds.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
jeff of pa said:
only problem I have with them
is they are sold By Stores
Like Wallmart & Radio shack with
absolutely No Info on the Proper
use.

They often don't NEED mounds of instruction, they have instructional videos, and are sold in volumn at outlet stores which no-doubt helps keep cost lower.  I'm convinced that "detector elitist" think this is a low-budget therefore "cheap" way to enjoy the hobby, but I venture it's the machine most folks use now, or to get started with in the hobby. 

There is no question you get what you pay for, that also holds true with all the manufacturers, as nearly every one of them offer a lower priced machines.  Nobody here should think I'm comparing a less expensive BH with any high-end Brand-X because obviously there are differences.  There is always something that will work a little "differently" in your conditions and that often means "better". 

I learned to detect with my Dad in the 70s and have used BH machines almost exclusively... so while I cannot speak to most brands, I can at least champion the brand many discount for various reasons.

If they (BH) do anything wrong, it's that they don't sponsor this site - that's too bad. I can say that since it's my opinion and I am not a paid sponsor... right Jeff?  :D

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Jim's comments....I also think the Bounty Hunter is the best entry level detector money can buy. It really is an excellent turn-on-and-go all purpose detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread