Prizm™ Mini "DD"

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
Re: Prizm™ Mini "DD"

I just bought one and plan to use it in areas where there are a lot of (metal) close together signals. The smaller coil will make it easier to tell the signals apart.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I often use the same size coil on my MXT in really trashy areas. A simplified way of thinking how it works is to consider your large or stock coil like a floodlight beam and the small coil more like a narrow spot light beam. The floodlight covers more possible targets and the detector has a hard time trying to make sense of the multiple signals. The spot beam misses all or most of the extra possible targets at any one instant and therefore the detector can respond, identify (if you have an Id screen) and nose out a specific target much more easily. The down side is you lose some depth and a fair bit of ground coverage, but the pinpointing is a piece of cake. That said, if one hunts trashy areas slowly and methodically using a small coil, they often recover goodies that were masked by nearby trash and missed by hunters using larger coils. Usually lets you hunt closer to playground equipment, fences etc. as well. It does take persistence and patience, but can be very rewarding.
HH
Bill

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Where did you find an aftermarket coil for the Prizm III when I had my II they didnt make any :icon_scratch:

Cw

OP
OP
C
Mar 9, 2009

Thank you so very much for the replies to my post and for the helpful information. Can't wait to take this little guy out for a spin. By the way found a 1853 seated dime last week at a spot that I had decteced over at least five times in the past. Just goes to show you never can get it all!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions