Been Gifted

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
Been Gifted

:icon_scratch: I have been given an old metal detector and need to know anything that I can find out about it.
It is a TREASURE TRACKER XR8 It has sensitivity, groung balance, discrimination, on/off/volume and a place for earphones. runs on 2 9volt batteries.........but does NOT beep....It BUZZES.
It seems to be extremely light weight, but also seems made for fairlyshort statured people. Maybe younger folks?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: Been Gifted

I think we'll need a picture... I cannot find Treasure Tracker XR8 anyplace on line - plenaty of just plain Treasure Trackers though...

Does it look like this?

TreTracker1-sm.gif

OP
OP
corklabus

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet

I've never tried to post pics on a site before. I'll take a couple and see what happens.

It looks to be older and more box shaped that that one and has a solid coil. The coil is a bit "floppy", but I haven't looked to see if the hinge needs, or can be, tightened.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

corklabus said:
I've never tried to post pics on a site before. I'll take a couple and see what happens.

It looks to be older and more box shaped that that one and has a solid coil. The coil is a bit "floppy", but I haven't looked to see if the hinge needs, or can be, tightened.

Yea... give it a shot! Take a few picures and see what happens... I bet someone can ID it.

OP
OP
corklabus

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet

Can't get the pics from computer to forum. No idea how it's done. Can't seem to attatch from folder to forum.

Tried again : Files too large. Don't know how to shrink 'em.

Somebody jump right in here. I'm a total computer illiterate.

This thing comes from First Texas Mfg. ELpaso Tx 79936

Metal Detector/ Treasure Finder U.S. Patent # 4300097

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

To make your pictures smaller:

#1. Open the picture using Microsoft Paint

a.JPG

#2. After the picture opens in the program, click on the word "Image" and select "Stretch/Skew"

b.JPG

#3. In the little box that opens, change the "100%'s" to 50% (or any other number to shrink your picture)
in the Horizontal & Verticle boxes.

c.JPG

#4. Then click "File" and " Save As " to save it as a smaller picture. You should be good to go. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
corklabus

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet

I've never played with my paint program either. I told ya' I wasn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree.............But I'll try playing with it later because I DO need to learn how to downsize stuff. Thanks for the tip.

I think the last poster hit it pretty close. A workable childs toy. Suits me just fine for now since it seems to work and I've never played with one before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread