mr nice guy * (offers to try find her uncles lost ring -- from 15 years ago)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mr nice guy * (offers to try find her uncle's lost ring -- from 15 years ago)

well theres this very very old house in my town --that was having its plumbing reworked toward the street with a nice trench with lots of dirt piled high --as I drove by it I said ---boy I'd love to detect that place -- my dear wife says I know the lady that the place belongs to mrs so and so -- I know her , taught her son to play piano (before we met) -----what !!! says I -- -- please call and chat her up a bit so I can ask her to hunt -- well as we chatted seems she had an uncle that lost a nice ring somewhere out in the yard about 15 years ago -- she doesn't care if I find anything else but that she would like the ring back if found -- fine says I -- oh by the way the house had civil war soilders there ,, as well as lots of other folks from the old days -- so lots of goodies are possible --she said no one has "ever" detected her lawn -- since shes about 60 and lived there her whole life and the house has been in her family since it was built that means (very old virgin dirt!!!) --its the oldest house left standing in the town (kept up nicely too) she warned me of of old "iron" pipes in the ground -- tomorrow at 5 pm we do it --wish me and the 250 luck.

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
Re: mr nice guy * (offers to try find her uncle's lost ring -- from 15 years ago)

sounds like the ideal place to detect GL.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: mr nice guy * (offers to try find her uncle's lost ring -- from 15 years ago)

ah hell Ivan, you got skills, I have the faith in ya.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Sweeeet! I sure hope you find the ring AND lots of other stuff! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Make sure you get pics lots of pics. We will be waiting....Matt

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

Good Luck :thumbsup:

is it 5 yet ??

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

~Oh good lord Ivan....

How long are you going to make us wait for the list and pictures...

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

I can't wait to see the pics!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Disc that iron out Man!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

disc iron is one way to go but what CW relics might I miss? that way

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Maybe its just me but I can guarantee it would take at least 3 full days of hunting before I (admitted) finding the ring. :thumbsup: Good luck and lets us know how it goes.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

oh by the way I can hunt it all I want , find the ring or not . --since the nice old ady who owns the house is a freind of the wifes * from before we met --- :wink:--- so even if I find the ring "right away" --I can still throughly hunt the place anyway ;D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

ivan salis said:
oh by the way I can hunt it all I want , find the ring or not . --since the nice old ady who owns the house is a freind of the wifes * from before we met --- :wink:--- so even if I find the ring "right away" --I can still throughly hunt the place anyway ;D

dude get back to resting

you have treasure to find

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

meeting her at 5 pm today --tic toc ,tic toc --- with my hurt back (messed up (L4 and L5 )and visiting the back doc tomorrow ( they most likely will want to do an op)--- this might be one of the last hunts I get to do for awhiile -- so pop a pain pill and hitter good .

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

well first try a bust -- hunted only about 1/3 hour --- about 10 holes ---before back started acting up -#$^%$ -- found a few modern shell casings (had copper / brass in being cw stuff might be in the area) and a round bit of aluminum wire that was ring shaped ( with that ring type double beep thought I had it--dang it ) --as I left she told me the area that I was checking the ring for has had a couple loads of dirt put in over there since then ( gee thanks thats info I need to know-- most like;y its out of depth range then -- but shes freindly and I can hunt the spot all I like -- the rest has not had dirt added --so better luck next time )-- doctor visit was bumped back a week --next thursday --so who knows?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

well I sure hope your back gets feeling better real soon! Maybe the ring will be in an area they didn't bury! :wink:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

ivan salis said:
well first try a bust -- hunted only about 1/3 hour --- about 10 holes ---before back started acting up -#$^%$ -- found a few modern shell casings (had copper / brass in being cw stuff might be in the area) and a round bit of aluminum wire that was ring shaped ( with that ring type double beep thought I had it--dang it ) --as I left she told me the area that I was checking the ring for has had a couple loads of dirt put in over there since then ( gee thanks thats info I need to know-- most like;y its out of depth range then -- but shes freindly and I can hunt the spot all I like -- the rest has not had dirt added --so better luck next time )-- doctor visit was bumped back a week --next thursday --so who knows?

awesome you know we are praying for you and your health

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread