rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was going to post finds, I set my camera on the lowest pixel setting and the went to the instructions: "The maximum size of any one image allowed in a post is 512kb. HOWEVER - we recommend your image be no wider than 700 pixels wide.

I have a canon digital Rebel EOS and put it on the smallest setting...but I was afraid to try and post....would it be to large?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you put your card in your computer. Go and veiw your pics. Then go and click on the pic that you want to post. Then go you at the top of your file and where is says picture click on that and then go down and resize. then save and then you can post. Hope this helps....Matt

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
mlayers said:
When you put your card in your computer. Go and veiw your pics. Then go and click on the pic that you want to post. Then go you at the top of your file and where is says picture click on that and then go down and resize. then save and then you can post. Hope this helps....Matt

You can also check by putting the mouse over the pic and let it set for a second. It'll tell you pic info automatically such as dimensions, format, and size in KB. If it says 1280 X 960 then in Paint on top of page is Image. Click it and stretch/skew then blank out 100% on horizonal and vertical and replace it with 50% on each then save

I always try to change the pic size and name after saving it to the computer and before posting, leaving the original size on the card or cdrom.

OP
OP
rjw4law

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I give a try. Thanks.