Permission from bank?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
thrillathahunt: So too does a motorist get "roughed up" now and then, by an over-zealous cop, for nothing but a tail-light out, right? If we ALL thought about it long enough and hard enough, we might as well just stay in our own front yards, lest someone in the public be mad at us, right? Afterall, you're bothering the earthworms, and are disturbing the cultural heritage of your parks, right? Someone might get mad if you step off the sidewalk, right? Sure, I'm sure now and then there is a story of someone getting roughed up. If we allow the exceptions to rule our lives, you might as well sit it your living room with all the blinds drawn, lest you ruffle someone's feathers.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Hey, the cops run checks on me all the time. I can be in the middle of nowhere and they show up and run a check. You’d think we lived in Nazi Germany or something. Last year I had 5 checks run on me while metal detecting. I never got a ticket and was never asked to leave, or if I did or did not have permission to be where I was at.
That’s what I call profiling, some of my other friends get checked too, not as much as me though.
but

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA said:
thrillathahunt: So too does a motorist get "roughed up" now and then, by an over-zealous cop, for nothing but a tail-light out, right? If we ALL thought about it long enough and hard enough, we might as well just stay in our own front yards, lest someone in the public be mad at us, right? Afterall, you're bothering the earthworms, and are disturbing the cultural heritage of your parks, right? Someone might get mad if you step off the sidewalk, right? Sure, I'm sure now and then there is a story of someone getting roughed up. If we allow the exceptions to rule our lives, you might as well sit it your living room with all the blinds drawn, lest you ruffle someone's feathers.

Hey Tom, I agree with you 100%! All I am saying is that if you do not have permission to detect on someone else's PRIVATE land, you are taking a risk in doing it. Is it worth it? Everybody is different. If that is what gets your blood pumping, then go for it.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ant said:
Hey, the cops run checks on me all the time. I can be in the middle of nowhere and they show up and run a check. You’d think we lived in Nazi Germany or something. Last year I had 5 checks run on me while metal detecting. I never got a ticket and was never asked to leave, or if I did or did not have permission to be where I was at.
That’s what I call profiling, some of my other friends get checked too, not as much as me though.
but

Be careful, big brother is watching you. :lurk:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread