I got an unbelievable deal today

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Hi y'all

Sorry this has nothing to do with Treasure hunting, but I had to tell you all about it. I deal Texas holdem for a living and today after I got off work, I get a phone call from one of our long time players and he says he needs money, would I buy his car. I say how much, he says $900.00. I say, well I only have $475 on me (the truth). He hems and haws says he'll call back in a couple minutes, I say okay not really expecting a call back.

Three minutes later the phone rings, he says he's going home to get the title and he'll be at my house in about 1/2 an hour, I say okay. I can't believe this because his car is way too nice to sell for that low price, I've seen it but I don't even know the make and model ???

So I start writing up a bill of sale and he shows up at the house, title in hand. I look the clear title over (no liens), I've known him for years and I know it's his car and I know he needs money 'cause he's a gambler, so I'm confident the deal is legit.

Deal done I go out and look the car over not believing my good fortune and yes feeling guilty and sad for this guy that his life has come to this but if I didn't take advantage he would just have made the deal with someone else, and I really need the car cause my van is broke down and I've been on foot for the last week, so I guess my conscience is clear.

The car is a 2003 Buick Century in perfect condition and only has 37000 miles on it. I looked it up on Vehix and the average trade in value with 37000 miles is $7300.00

I guess it is a story about Treasure Hunting after all.

HH
MichiganRob

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice grab! where do you deal hold'em i was going to try and get into Firekeepers but you have to be 21 to deal :(.

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
Yes,

You did not take advantage of him.

He has a problem I don't understand.

I lost my pay-check at 17 years old.

I haven't cared for gamblin sense.

I wish I could get a deal. My son is 16.

Now, I got ta go through tha car thang

again ???

Congrats on your good fortune,

Tabdog

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree you did not that advantage of him...Matt

S

stefen

A good exchange is when both parties are satisfied with the trade or exchange. No duress or coersion took place and the offer was made freely by the friend who owned the vehicle.

Everybody went into the exchange with their eyes wide open.

You both got an unbelievable deal... :wink:

OP
OP
MichiganRob

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Thanks everyone

HH
MichiganRob