Just purchased my first metal detector an hour ago!

Mitzki5

Mar 21, 2009
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Hello all,
I am almost a treasure hunter! :thumbsup: I just purchased my first machine about an hour ago. It should be shipped to me in the next few days. I've been reading this board for about a month now and I am excited about becoming a part of it also. I'll probably have some questions about my new machine and hopefully some of my finds. Looking forward to discussing them with you.

Anyways.....I just wanted to say howdy all! :hello2:

OP
OP
Mitzki5

Mitzki5

Mar 21, 2009
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Well, based on the stuff that I had read on here, I went with a Garrett Ace 250. It sounded like a pretty popular model and I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a detector.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to our family of treasure hunting, and congs on your first detector. Hope to start see your finds here soon....Matt

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I;ve used my ace 250 a lot if you need help want advice just ask.

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
Hello and welcome to the club I think you made a good choice on a detector and looking forward to seeing your finds good luck and HH

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen to that Plehbah. But, at least there will be another person that is happy. Good Luck. Looking forward to your first picture post.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Good for you!!!
It was only about a year ago that I was in the place your in now.
You still have time. When the metal detector arrives don't open it!
Send it back!!!
The addiction has almost completely overtaken me now.
It is taking all my willpower to type this, don't join the collective.
This is your last chance.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you know the detecting sickess has you fully in its grasp --when you see a worn down , falling to bits old shack and instead of think geeez what a dump --you go humm bet theirs some old keepers and silver there --- yep the world will never "look" the same once you have a detector.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
well, I won't be quite so cynical, welcome to this world of madness

Sniffer

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
The glory days of detecting are long gone.

All that exists now is a miserable wasteland which is suspicious of metal detector enthusiasts.

Each dirty penny, and each miserable silver dime must be meticulously coaxed from the Earth. Each single one will resist you by utilizing a wide range of potential variables.

Many is the day that I will empty my trash pocket three times, and still I come home with the right pocket reserved for keepers completely barren.

You will now know the anguish of the signal under the asphalt. You will now be shouted at by dogwalkers in the park like a common criminal. You will now know the bittersweet and delicious horror of being in the middle of digging a deep but promising signal in the middle of roots and having strangers start watching you, and they grimace when you retrieve a fragmentary pulltab from the '60s, and you sit there filthy and ashamed and clutching a handful of corroded aluminum and your heart is full with nothing.

Welcome to the hobby.

Now that should get his blood pumping, and all fired up, to get out there and metal detect :tard:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net Mitzki5 :wave:

I know the feeling of excitement that comes from starting a new hobby and getting that new piece of equipment to make it all happen.

I know the thrill of hearing that sound of impending treasure coming through your headphones letting you know that there is something wondrous buried in the ground long forgotten.

I know the feeling of your heart pounding in your chest as your mind races with curiosity at what my lay underneath. I have felt these things and more. These are the things of Treasure Hunting.

I know that feeling of jubilation when you find your first silver. That shot of Adrenalin you get when you dig that first golden ring. The total excitement of finding a diamond necklace. The thrill of uncovering those long forgotten relics of yesteryear. These are the things of Treasure Hunting. All this and more!

Yes Grasshopper I know you too will feel these things if you have it in your heart to be a Treasure Hunter.

Welcome to the brotherhood my friend your life will never be the same.

Welcome to the wondrous world of Treasure Hunting.

Goodyguy~

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Now you too can spend $10 in gas to find $1.36 in clad that is often so dirty that one cannot tell if you found a penny or a nickle. Welcome aboard!...jim

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Plehbah...that's an awful thing to say ....and as soon as I get done laughing at the truth... :tongue3:

Well Mitzki...no turning back now. You're no longer a lurker of the forum, you're officially a Noob... :newbie: :icon_king:

Wish you well,
Al

OP
OP
Mitzki5

Mitzki5

Mar 21, 2009
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

I can't tell you how excited I am to get started. I got an e-mail that said my detector would be at my front door sometime next week. There are so many places around my area I want to try, I don't know where to start. Gonna have to learn just how the machine works first. I've never even held a detector before. I'll let you all know what my first find is!

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
I hope to join that feeling soon, Mitzki....from what I've read over the last few months, this addiction that you've willingly taken on, is worse than any other....I've been addicted to a few things in my life, but none that I am so looking forward to...

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction! I think you did well on your choice of detector. Learn to use it well before yo move to a different one (and you will buy more - reread the part about addiction).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread