Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    4 times

Compass 94b for sale

It is not me selling this metal detector.

I've read over the years about the capability of Compass metal detectors... and one just popped up on Craigslist in my area... asking price, $50 !

This must be one of those Murphy's Law kinda things... Ha!
    Been out of work for a while, money's real tight, and a cash deal pops up out of nowhere.
    I just can't justify dropping the cash right now.
    My MD's are working just fine, even found a small silver ring this week!

As the economy tanks, there's bound to be bargain deals on a lot of things, even detectors!

If anyone is interested, the posted phone number for the Compass 94B is 805-481-1797.
    It looks to be in good condition.

Best
    rmptr
    I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.

Aug 2006
    WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
    MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
    2 times

Re: Compass 94b for sale

that was my first real machine that worked back in the 70s. of course u use what u have or can afford.but this is a vintage machine.not really good enuf when compared to detectors of today
    SPINNER VALUE KEY: RED is METAL DETECT.LT  BLUE is AUCTION. DARK BLUE is GOLD MINING.GREEN is THRIFT STORE.YELLOW is GEM GRUBBIN.PINK is COIN ROLL HUNT.BROWN is BEACH AND SHALLOW WATER HUNT.ORANGE JUNK PICK AND OR METAL SCRAPPING

us
    Aug 2008
    Champaign, IL
    Several
    37 times

There is a Compass-only discussion board at n2.nabble.com/Compass-Metal-Detector-Forum-f548136.html. I have posted this note to that board, and I'll bet that detector has already been snapped up.

I love the Compass Coin Pro line, and have made some spectacular finds with these machines. Too bad the factory burned down!
    ---Dan, http://treasuremanual.com

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    1749 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Yes, an antique by today's standards, as it had no ground-balance (was next to useless in bad minerals), lacked depth (compared to today's power-houses), and no discrimination. But it DID have one good quality, just like it's bigger sister, the 77b: they had the innate ability pass small iron (nails, etc...), while at the same time, sort of "seeing through" them, to get conductive targets. So for example: if you put a little pile of 3 or 4 nails down on the ground, the machine would go silent (reject them). But if you put a coin under those 3 or 4 nails, you would still get a hit that there was something conductive there. If you tried that with any of today's dream machines, the coin would be masked.

For this reason, the 94b and 77b are good ghost town machines, where iron abounds, where you didn't intend to pass any conductors at all (afterall, everything else from foil to silver dollars all sounds the same ) and where depth and mineralization isn't an issue. In locations like that, these old "antiques" will outhunt today's power-houses. About the only thing that comes close to this great averaging ability in iron, would be some of today's 2-filter machines. Like the Tesoro Sabre for instance. They might get through a nail or two (depending on size, depth, angle, etc...). But the old Compasses seemed to do it with even up to 3 or 4 nails at a time.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

Sponsors