NEW LEADS AND FINDS FROM WEEKEND CAMPING

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Well finally made it to the campground where I wanted to do some light detecting. Hit the area within 15 feet of my camper, all around, Of course expected tons of trash...and it came thru with flying colors. I must have found in the first hour approx 2 punds of nails, foil, pull tabs, iron spike, etc. (those i put in the garbage (think they were from pallets that were burned for camp fires) found several fishing weights (funny they first rang as a nickle, but after uncovering them they rang zinc. Did find some clad, first spot I hit had 3 quarters in the same hole. Did find a few rosie's and many Lincolns. All seemed to be around 2-4 inches deep, not bad MD for a discovery 2000 from radio shack.. I probably should have dug every single beep, but after an hour of kneeling and getting back up it, wore me out, so reset the button to disc to weed out the trash, probably missed a tons of good stuff, but since the lake is now 40 feet lower I'd have to walk 500 yds to where the swimming was last year.

I'll post a few pics after I get them downloaded from the cam.

First day weather was 30-40 mph winds, didn't care for that., other 2 days were glorious with sun, sun and morer sun, light breezes. Red face to prove......that's after being under the shade netting all day, lots of reflective light.

Anyhow willpost pics later. There will be more excursions later this year as we plan on camping every other 3-day weekend we have off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread