Pepper spray

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
steve from ohio said:
MetalheadFlorida said:
steve from ohio said:
I bring my watch Yorkie. Evil dog he is. Nobody messes with him. Here he is........

Awesome Yorkie man...Cute as can be! What's his name? :dontknow:
His name is "EVIL"

And he lives up to the name. Dog knows he is cute and uses it to attract women. I can't take him anywhere without tons of women asking to hold him.

He loves it.

So do I.

Same thing used to work for me with my son. All the woman would swoon over him and he and I could draw a crowd of women. Until they started screaming at me to take the collar off. ::) :binkybaby: :dontknow:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey greydigger, I've had experience with mace and pepper spray on humans. In the old days we all carried the Mace, and a lot of us came around to believing it was a very, very last resort. The results were varied, apparently depending on what the person was intoxicated on, I guess, and how enraged they were to begin with. Some people it seemed to have little effect on, and you really had a fight on your hands. Plus, you get it all over yourself, and it works really good on me. I was a little more impressed with the foaming pepper spray, as it swells the eyes shut, so you can either take them or get away. Still, chemicals are messy and clean up time involved wasn't worth it so we generally tried other things before we resorted to mace in non-lethal confrontations. I still don't know what I think about the stun guns we all came up with. Sometimes those made things worse. I do know if you're not careful, that charge can come back through the person and into you. A couple of times it did drop some pretty big guys flat. I always preferred to ask them politely to come to jail, and many times that worked. For me anyway.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Wild animals aren't common in SE WI & wild people only somewhat more so. I detected in Milwaukee & suburbs with my dad back in late '70s, no problems then.

I can't guarantee your absolute safety & am no weapons expert. But many on here are gun fans & just automatically carry wherever it's allowed. You can see the crime reports for different towns at this site: www.city-data.com If you're detecting a high crime area, daytime only, preferably early & have someone with you. A wild animal in a park or schoolyard would be very rare. I've seen deer in a park near me but they were not any threat.

I live in a very low crime suburban area & the most threatening animal I've seen is a dog. I detect alone even at night. But I don't think I'd even want to detect in "Murderapolis" (Minneapolis) anymore. The drug war causes lots of crime & some drunks may be threatening. HH, George (MN)

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
RGINN,
My sons are in military or/and have friends in.
Macho freaks sometimes. LOL
I have a hand held taser and we had too many adult beverages one night and tried it.
I was last to try it on myself after watching the reactions of the kids.
1 second zap felt like a snapped towel in the locker room.
That was the most I tried. Yea, self inflicted but for info purposes.
100,000 volts`I think, it is in my MD bag in the vehicle.
I am sure it will stop a bad guy if you get that close and they don't take it from and use it on you.
The one we used did not go from body to body.
One guy had his hand on the other guys neck when he zapped him and no problem.
I do not know if it will go through clothing. Not the shooting points with wires thing.
That uses up your 1 shot and then what if you miss or there are more than 1 ?
Thanks for your experience stories.

I do have a CCW permit and sometimes carry but would REALLY hate to use a lethal weapon on a human.
Or someones pet. A stun gun like in the movies sounds good to me but want to hear real life stories.

Grey

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny, Greydigger. We were too chicken to try it on ourselves. We had the handheld early model stun guns. The one time it came through to me the guy just piled me and we were down on the ground. I hit him good in the thigh and yeah it came through to me. It stopped the fight, but it got me too. It was a really strange, draining experience. We both just sat there for a minute or so. The newer models are probably better technology. The bad thing is, they're close contact weapons, and you have to really know your stuff in close contact. They trained us that if a person had a gun on us within 2 feet, that gun should belong to us. They did mention something about we probably would get shot, but maybe not as bad as if we just stood there.(haha) I pulled that trick off one time and didn't get shot. Training pays off, but I ain't gonna try it again.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying not to get shot is a good thing.
Trying not to be food for someones "Little puppy that never did that before!" is something else.
Or maybe not.
Glad you were not shot.

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread