What Kind Of Hunting Partner Do You Have?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Found out how nice a hunting partner can be. :thumbsup:
Our Jeep broke down yesterday with some blown fuel injectors and a melted injector connector. It's going to take a bit of time to get the right parts and get it back on the road. We'd already sent in our fees for a hunt this weekend in Tulsa and of course there's no refund. Mentionted in passing to Burdie that it looks like time for another vehicle as this one has 161,000 miles but still gets 20 MPG and about 2,000 miles to a quart of oil.
To make a long story short, he drives down from Caldwell, about 50 miles out of his way and drops off his truck so we can make the hunt and enjoy our weekend. All we had to do was take him back to I-35 to meet his wife as they were on their way to Norman for some much needed grandkids time this weekend. He said just get it back to him Mon. or Tues.
Now this is a sign of a true friend and a great partner in my eyes especially since he decided to do this without telling his wife 1st. :o LOL
:notworthy: :occasion14: :wav: :icon_salut: My hats off to Burdie!!!!!

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
thrillathahunt said:
Burdie is just a nice guy. It's great to have a hunting partner like that!

Very much so. But as a bit of notice to all the Okies, just because I may be driving a Kansas vehicle with Pittsburg State on the front, doesn't mean I've gone off the deep end. Bwaaa ha ha ha! :wink: ;D

JimDE

May 12, 2008
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
Vision/V3, 1400DD, Super 12, D2, 5.3 Eclipse
Here's my hunting partner ...... both for metal detecting and real hunting! :D

PICT0003-2.jpg

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimDE said:
Here's my hunting partner ...... both for metal detecting and real hunting! :D

PICT0003-2.jpg

Your partner looks rather relaxed. Could be his owner isn't having much success. ::) Sorry, couldn't resist.

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
My wife this way I don't have to wait until I get home to give her what ever I find................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions