A Story About Some of My Treasures (Requested)

R

robbuckalew

I have been asked about the pocket watch from a few members so here is the scoop.

The story behind the pocket watch and some of the large silver began a few years ago. There was a flood in my area June 2006. (Photos Below)

On the bank about 10-12 feet above the creek there was a couple of trailers and in one of those trailers was an older couple that had a few different collections one of them being a gun collection, which none have been found to my knowledge.
The other was a coin collection. The sad news is, the trailers where washed into the creek when the ground gave way. Nobody was injured. Before I go any further I would like to say that a friend of mine whom I met here on Tnet MikeinPA showed me this site, Thanks Mike.

Mike told me that he and others hunted this sight after the waters calmed down and lowered. He found the older gents flight suit from (correct me if I'm wrong) WWII. Also found a set of wedding rings still in the case wedged between two trees,Returned of course.

My finds consisted of Two morgan dollars (found in the same hole), a peace dollar, 1964 Half, a 18k gold plated ring & the cool pocket watch (no insides).
This place never ceases to amaze me because on the bluff that was surrounded by the flood Never touched by the water, Indian head pennies and Barber quarters are showing up. These are definitely not part of the lost coin collection.
Last Spring, just as the TH season was ending, MikeinPA, his father and myself were getting ready to pack up and head out, I get a strong signal on Silver dollar I thought "cool another one." When I start digging I hit what seemed to be a box of some sort. Many things raced through my mind and I realized that my small digger wasn't going to cut it. Mike brought me a shovel and what came out of the ground was never even a thought. I was shocked and disappointed a damn VCR. Yes, a VCR. We laughed about it, tossed it in the back of Mikes truck and headed out. To this day I still think about that and laugh.
The real funny thing, is that cruddy busted up mud filled VCR was stolen out of the back of the truck days later.

But that is my story about the watch and other finds at this great site. Now check out some Pics. V

The Flood (We are hunting now about 10-12 feet below the water which is now dry ground sand and dirt)
Flood.jpg

powerlines.jpg

The Finds
IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

treasure007.jpg

treasure002-2.jpg

treasure001-1.jpg

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Interesting story. I guess that's another research topic that hunters should investigate: have there been any big floods in the area?

Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread