cleaning your rubber hand grip

slp45

Feb 21, 2007
State College, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, White Classic
Hello, Here is a hint on cleaning your rubber hand grip ,use the Mr. Clean eraser. Get it wet and rub the handle. It works great. Also before go MD’ing I wrap the handle with the new sticky plastic wrap. So when I’m done I just peel it off. I have also used the plastic wrap on my Sunray x-1 pin pointer. Let me know if it works for you. Scott

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to try that Mr. Clean. However, I just wrap my foam handle with that sticky tape they use on tennis racket handles.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the eraser suggestion and information. But I can't stand anything sticky against my hand. I go nuts if I get syrup on my fingers eating pancakes! I would like to see the handles covered with that type of plastic you find on wrestling mats. It's soft but isn't sticky and you can just wipe it off with a damp rag. Oh well, time will tell. I'm sure one of our manufacturers will come up with something easier to clean and/or replace. Monty

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Try a Wilson tennis racket grip wrap. It wraps around the handle and cleans up with just a wet rag. Costs about 4 bucks. Well worth it.

It is more comfortable than a standard factory grip and make cleanup a snap.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
I just used good ole dishsoap,, hot soapy water in sink, and a wash cloth. , squeeze dry with towel, no worries mate

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
Clean my rubber hand grip? Why?

When I'm done, I clean my hands. When I'm starting out again, well... my hands are gonna get dirty anyways!

Somehow I feel it would be just like cutting Sampson's hair. Don't mess with my mojo! :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions