Whites XLT or BH Land Ranger? Need your advice........

warped

Apr 21, 2009
FW-TX
Detector(s) used
BH QD II
?? Hello everyone. New to the forum. Have been reading it for a while now. Decided to join in. Seems like some really nice folks here. I have been metal detecting on and off for about 10 years now. Looking to upgrade. Anyone have an opinion on Whites XLT vs. BH LAND Ranger? I mostly look for coins and jewelry. Have not ever had a metal detector with a numerical ID. I've heard this really helps in determining the ID of the target. Thanks in advance for the help, and good hunting to all.

warped

OP
OP
W

warped

Apr 21, 2009
FW-TX
Detector(s) used
BH QD II
I am used to BH detectors, and was wondering if the Whites is worth the new learning curve. I know there is alot of difference between the two machines. just wanted to get some advice from you experts before I spend the money for a whites xlt. I have read alot of forum discussion on the whites xlt, and it seems to be a very good detector. Of course it all boils down to putting in the time and learning what your detector is telling you. I read about Tesoro, but seems like alot of digging would take place to find out what you have. I want a machine that will detect more that 6 inches below ground, and one that can grow with me as I perfect my tecniques. There seems to be many detectors out there, and some good advice from the owners of those machines. I guess I am procrastnating about changing from a BH to something else. I used to have a whites 6000 some years ago, and found more with it than I have with my BH QD II. It's time to upgrade, just need some direction. Thanks again! Good hunting to all.

warped

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I would recommend doing a little more research.Try to get to a multi-line dealer.Weight of the detector should also be considered.Some excellent machines other than the XLT and lighter in weight is the Minelabs,XT30 and XT50.The Tesoro DeLeon,and I believe the White's Prisms.A good site for review is;http://metaldetectorreviews.net/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread