Cmon people!

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
C'mon people!

Come on people, make the pictures where those of us with NORMAL monitors can see them without having to save your pics or scroll over to see what you have!

It's now the 21st century and ALL of us have the capability to make pics where we can see ALL of it on the screen without scrolling.

OK, rant off and adios...

Grip

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Re: C'mon people!

If you take a look at various posts, you will see that for a single find pic, the most used size is around 640 x 480. There are other sizes used for example 751x410, 765x657, 978x574, 1083x569, 1183x633. Non of these sized photos require excessive scrolling to view.

It is best to keep you picture size within the ranges mentioned above. If you go larger it causes the viewer to have to scroll up and down, left and right to locate the item in your picture. It is best to crop or resize your photo to make it easier on the forum readers to see your find.

Just MHO.

Ray S ;D

One mans trash...

Mar 29, 2009
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV

Those needing resizing or a full suite of photo manipulation software and want it for FREE, can take a look at GIMP. GIMP is open-source free software with capabilities similar to PhotoShop and PaintShop Pro. Not quite so slick an interface, but it's continually being improved. It will let you do things like play with simple contrast and brightness or more sophisticated curve modification to enhance details. Many other functions, and take many PhotoShop add-ons. Cost nothing. You're not buying into a lifetime of spam or anything. Just download it and run. http://www.gimp.org/

Next up the price scale is PaintShopPro from Corel. Full version $70. Slick and easy to use.

For just image resizing and format conversion (and signing): http://www.nongnu.org/fim/ Also free.

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009

I agree but I don't think the issue is so much the picture size as it is the forum's incorrect handling of large pictures. I should be able to scroll left or right if the picture is too big. But on this forum (unlike every other forum I've been to) there is no horizontal scroll bar. That is definitely a deficiency in the forum that should be rectified. But even then, keeping pictures to a reasonable size is considered "good manners".

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Come on people . . .

You think you've got problems?

I'm on dial-up (no cable available out here in East Bugnut) and some single posts can take me more than 10 minutes to download . . . forget YouTube clips.

I size mine to "Large Web" according to my image editor, 640 x 480, and they seem to look ideal on my monitor.

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008

Pictures are like words, consider if the picture is just too big and fancy, will folks understand it! LOL

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have not posted many pics here yet as I have not found any silver this year to really show it off. But when I do put a pic in I always resize because the site will not accept them saying they are to big. So I resize to where they will accept them and then I will crop them trying to show the item better. That is how I do them....Matt

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

plehbah said:
You must learn to consider the bad pictures as performance art.

How about the Good photos that are just too big? I use 800 x 600. If you don't like it, get over it. I take good photos, and if they don't fit on your monitor, my sincere apologies.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008

BuckleBoy said:
plehbah said:
You must learn to consider the bad pictures as performance art.

How about the Good photos that are just too big? I use 800 x 600. If you don't like it, get over it. I take good photos, and if they don't fit on your monitor, my sincere apologies.

Best Wishes,
Good point big pictures are like large print for older folks like me.

Buckles

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils

I'm totally guilty of this!

But luckily, I've pretty much kept my mal-behavior in my own thread.

I've since learned to adjust the resize parameter in Photobucket so that I won't bugger up your screens.

In my 'Must Hunt' Sires' thread....I even annoy myself having to scroll.

Maybe I'll try resizing them in place to fix them.

Good point OP!

-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread