Diggers

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Lesche is worth the cost. I have a Trans-Mississippi Digger that costs as much and is as well built (and better in parks IMHO). Go to Lowes and find one of the trowels as in the lower right of this image. It's stainless steel and went through many seasons and is still my "loaner" when someone needs a digger. Something like $10 or $12 as I remember. I believe they call it a "bulb planter".

Attachments

• IM000916.JPG
    IM000916.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IM000916.JPG
    IM000916.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 169
OP
OP
Tony66

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I agree with what you're saying Plehbah. Hindsight is always 20/20 and had I known then what I know now... I would already have at least one Lesche by now. If i would have found the forums before I got my MD would've been a plus too but that didn't happen either. Live and learn...

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Lowes a few days ago. I decided to look at the garden tools. I was surprised to find that almost all the small diggers were very rugged and none cost over $15. Just about any of them would do for most soils.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread