im in livorno & civaitavecchia italy

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Re: im in livorno & civaitavecchia italy

Ya ,,, anywhere ,, but watch the local laws!!!!! I say PILAGE AND PLUNDER,,, But that dont always work out,,,,,,

art

Daddio53

Apr 5, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Tesoro Lobo, Tesoro Golden microMax
Re: im in livorno & civaitavecchia italy

I was in Italy for 3 1/2 years in the military. Metal detectors were kind of simple back then (74&74) but we were able to find WWII artifacts all over the place. We went to the northern passes from Italy into Austria where a lot of battles were fought. We also found ancient Roman coins and artifacts BUT, as the other responder said, watch the laws. My friend took an old encrusted short sword he found into a blacksmith to have it cleaned off and the blacksmith called the government. They came and took the sword and he got nothing, not even mention as being the finder. You will be right near the Leaning Tower of Pisa. There is a US base in Livorno and the hospital is a sister unit of the hospital I worked at in Vicenza. The beaches in Livorno are real nice. Those beaches turn up war relics as well as Roman relics all the time. You might also want to check out the small nation within the nation, Republic of San Marino. It's a country the size of a city park that lies within the border of Italy. Not only historical, but a cool place to visit. There are all kinds of German and British airplanes within the walls of the country that were taken there during WWII.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions