Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen them at Lowe's and Home Depot.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine from Lowe's or Home Depot (can't remember for sure). As I recall they were around $20. Money well spent.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Yup, home depot has many different ones. Try them on first, they do not all fit alike.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear kneepads when it is damp to spare my knees in my jeans. Otherwise I have a garden pad I have a loop hooked onto that fits on my belt. I have two pairs of kneepads and they both crawl down around my shins when I walk. Very frustrating. I have put my knee down in a batch of sandburrs and wished I had my kneepads. One day I forgot my pad and my kneepads and hit some very good deep signals in a goat head patch. I never have got back to dig those, darn it. If you buy some, do try them on. Some cut off the circulation in your leg and others ride down like mine. I am still looking for a really comfortable pair. Monty

S

stefen

Try nursing supply stores...all head nurses use them, so I'm told. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
All real good advice,, will try these places out ,,thanks guys,,oh ya might even try the nurseing station at the local hospital!!! :wink:,,,

arthur

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I used to use a cheap pair of garden knee pads but after a long day detecting they helped but I still got sore knees. I now use a pair I got at Lowes (gel center spot) and after a long detecting day, no problems at all, at least not with the knees. ;D

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got mine at Walmart....Matt

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
I just carry a kneeling pad. The knee pads kill my legs and there is none that I have found that I can wear for more than a couple hours without them either falling down or cutting into the crease in the back of my leg.

HH,

Dave

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
drodda 777, that's exactly the problem and solution I spoke of. Monty

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
drodda777 said:
I just carry a kneeling pad. The knee pads kill my legs and there is none that I have found that I can wear for more than a couple hours without them either falling down or cutting into the crease in the back of my leg.

HH,

Dave

I solved the slipping down and discomfort problem by putting the pad on very loose but adding a lace from the top of the pad to a belt loop. I use a small bulldog clip to adjust the length. If you twist the lace around itself a few times before attaching the clip it stays in place even better (but was hard to see in the image).

In use when I bend down to set the detector beside the hole I hook my little finger behind the lace and pull the pad forward. This puts it right where it needs to be.

I blew the meniscus in my left knee (orthoscopic surgery has it better than it has been in years)in a traffic accident and have arthritis in both. I kneel on my right knee only and "hunker" with my left.

These are AWP pads with the hard front and gel insert. I redid several hardwood floors with chemical stripper and a hand-held drum sander and bought them for that, but they(it) works great for detecting.

Attachments

• HPIM1396s.jpg
    HPIM1396s.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 265
  • HPIM1403.JPG
    HPIM1403.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 269

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
I had purchased a pair of knee pads for my girlfreind on Valentines Day. She is no longer with me, would you like to purchase them? :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread