Deep-tech Vista 750 --- BUYER BEWARE!!!

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I had watched the impressive videos on Youtube of this machine and finally decided to order one. Man was this a mistake. Some of you may recall Norman Kennedy listing some of these machines for sale on Ebay. I bought one from Norman and it was delivered promptly. I took it out of the box and put it together and I swear the first time I tightened the cam-lock on the shaft it broke. No big deal I thought so I just drilled the middle and lower shaft and put in a spring clip, problem solved. A few weeks later I took the detector on a detecting trip to Canada where I was really impressed with the machines performance digging two Canadian 5 cent Fishies at 7" - 8" in a park. I then took the machine to a farm field swinging some stubble when the shaft below the control box started feeling loose and eventually snapped completely into. There was a plastic internal coupler that was the problem. My friend Arthur and I rigged the shaft back together and I was able to use it for the remainder of the trip. When I got back home to Tennessee, I sent emails to Norman Kennedy who was very nice and helpful and put me in contact with Plamen Rashkov the owner of Deep-tech metal detector company. Plamen after hesitation promised to send me a new shaft for the detector. Well I never recieved the shaft. In the next month or so the detector went haywire. I mean the second I turned it on it went to chirping and falsing so badly that I couldn't tell the chirps from a target signal. I thought maybe the battery was going bad or I had overcharged it or something, so I ordered a new $40.00 sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery for it. This didn't fix the problem. With the detector completely unusable I contacted Plamen via email. He ask me to send the detector to him in Bulgaria and he would send out a new replacement machine.
I shipped it and it cost me another $110.00
This was in October of 2008. Plamen never notified me that he recieved the detector and after several emails he stated that he finally had it in his possesion and was sending out my replacement. After 6 weeks I still had not recieved the replacement and sent him another email in which he replied he had been delayed in sending it out by the redesign of his coil that he had included on the new detector he was sending me and I should have it in no more than 2 weeks ( this was Feb. 17th 2009 )and for my trouble and the delay he would also send me his newest model machine for testing when he had it complete in March or April. Well Plamen Rashkov has stopped replying to my emails and I have never recieved the replacement machine or the other machine he was supposedly sending. I have contacted Norman Kennedy ( Great Guy )and he has done his best to try and help me with this whole situation but it seems now that Plamen has ceased dealing with Norman and went with a larger company - Name Unknown- for distribution of his Metal Detectors. Now even with Norman's help Plamen Rashkov - Owner of Deep-tech Metal detectors will not return my emails or make ANY attempt to communicate with me. I am now out about $850.00 on this machine between the original cost, shipping to & fro and new battery. I would ask anyone that has plans of dealing with Plamen Rashkov or Deep-tech metal detectors to Re-Consider. This man is not to be trusted. If Plamen ever try's to make this situation right I will let everyone on the forums know.

John

R

robbuckalew

I am truly sorry for what has happened. It kills me to hear things like this. :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:
Thanks for the heads up and keep us posted.

Sig.png

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Me too, I am also sorry. I know how disappointing this all can be. If you are familiar with Whites, you may give them a try! I think you will find the exact opposite is true in their service! Thanks for your story!

OP
OP
john37115

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Norman Kennedy is a great guy, he even offered to give me his Vista 750. I declined the offer of course as I figured that would be not fair taking his machine.
I own White's and Tesoro machines as well as many others. I like buying and trying different machines and find that I like different things about a lot of different machines. The lesson I have learned is that I will never buy another machine from a company without a proven track record.

John

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW

Just goes to show that if you stick with the major well known brands, you wont lose so much money. If you are able to recoop your losses, I would definitely go with a major brand..fisher, garrett, minelab from now on.

Again..why do people put so much money in metal detectors expecting so much in return?

Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread