Considering getting into the hobby and getting a metal detector

OP
OP
B

BobTexas

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2008
So UPS delivered my new Garrett 250 about 4pm today and the outside box looked like it was used in the last Superbowl as a football. I tried it out for a few minutes, cycled through the different settings and it only found the metal I passed it over inside the house for a few seconds. I gave Kellyco a call just to get it on the record that there may be some damage. After the call I noticed the battery indicator was down to 1 line, I really hope that is the problem. I did purchase the rechargable batterys along with it. It would be kind of funny if they sold me a unit that had DOA energizer batteries. If that is the only problem I can live with it.

So my question is, will these detectors stop finding anything when the batteries are that low completely? Common sense tells me so.

I waved it over my dog thinking it would find her tags (that kind of freaked her out a bit) :) But it didnt see them.

I waved it over the change jar on the counter, it didnt find anything there either.

ldablo

Apr 21, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Master Hunter CX Plus
It probably is the batteries. Good luck with your hunting and keep us posted.

LD

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
most detectors will start acting weird when the voltage gets low, with only one bar showing on yours, I'm surprised it even turned on. Change or charge the batteries and you'll be fine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread