my dad died the other day

B

BIG61AL

To live on in the hearts of those left behind is not to die.

You should take your first nice nugget and get a jeweler to put his initials on it and wear it as a pendant or watch fob so when you are out treasure hunting a little bit of him will always be by your side.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry about your lost. I know how you feel. I also lost mine not long ago, and then my Mom. They will always be with me in my heart. God bless you, My prayer go out to you, and yours.

Old River

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i lost my dad on november9 1996 he was my rock and the hard place and had a pretty mean 1-2 combo when i needed my jaws popped. he was suppossed to be my best man in 5 months and 1 day he was hooked up to machines that were breathing for him i said let him go. the first couple of years were hard but it has been 13 years now and when i think of him it is all good i tell my kids about him and they talk about him with me. it will take time but dont let his death make you a recluse give it a week or two and breath. have good memories then name the sluce box after him have a cold beer with the box and fire it up and find some gold. in time you will find it gets much easier but take a few weeks and relax there is a lot to be done before and after the funeral trust me 3 times dad mom and little sister . but on a good note( GO FOR THE GOLD) god bless and good luck from the house of possum

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your Dad. My Dad's 76 and still here, although he has gotten shorter over the years, and smarter too. He ain't rich, and he worked hard at physical labor all his life, but he's still my hero; I hope I measure up to half of what he is. Your Dad would want you to be happy. And stay out of jail. Mom's and Dad's are really down on that sort of hijinks, I found that out the hard way. Our thoughts are with your family.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My condolences - I know a bit of what you are going through. My dad was my hunting partner from 1996 until he had a stroke in '05, he passed away in early '07, ma followed him 13 days later. I had a rough time visiting one at one hospital and then driving 20 miles to see the other after work mostly every night. It was a two year nightmare where I barely did any detecting. Now this year I am finally getting back in the groove.

It does get easier as time goes by. Just remember the good times. I am thankful that I had a camcorder the years before they passed, now my kids will be able to remember them too.

Keep the memories, and when hunting you find a good coin whisper thanks....

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
I lost my dad when I was a kid. All I have left of him is an old Timex watch that I wore in the Army until it stoped running. I often set down in a beautiful spot and ask "dad can you see this". I think he can, we are never far away from those who love us. Vent away but keep on marching and make him proud.

Jerry the Junker

OP
OP
B

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
Thank you all for the kind words. He was and will always be my HERO ! I appreciate all the support.
Thanks Again
Bang

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bang,

My condolances on the loos of your father. My father died 24 years ago when i was 25, on Mothers Day. He had a cheap metal detector this got me interested. We never got to go detecting together, but I often feel he sees me when I go detecting.

Ed D.

OP
OP
B

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
Thank you all !! For the support I reallly appreciate it. It just goes to show that this is the greatest site for friends and all of us hunters, once again thankyou I have printend out all of your response and it is going into a book of memories.
thank you all for the support. This is a great site that I love and thanks again.

Bang

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I know the pain of that loss first hand also (over time it gets to be a dull ache but you never totally forget their missing -- but so long as you remember them their not totally dead are they?) --pops was the one who taught me to detect * as welll as hunt and fish ---(as I teach others he lives on thru the "shared knowledge" that he showed me and now me others)---- I still miss him deeply.

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
please accept our deepest sympathy on the loss of your father. jeff goldner and family. (pappygol))

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..............BT.......Sorry to hear about your loss!!....Overtime the pain will subside!!..........My dad was also my Treasure Hunting partner...............Our first detector was a Garrett BFO Sidewinder that we went in together .......50/50..................we shared in all of our finds and would take turns digging or operating!!.......LOL.....Dad was very good on getting us permission from very unlikely crabby type people!!...........Overtime .....we eventually got 2 detectors.....but we always hunted together and he would love to study all of my finds..............I left boxes and boxes of old treasure magazines at his house.......and he would rather read about all of the great finds and stories than watching TV.......LOL.................I MISS HIM ALOT TOO.........................Also I had to put down(put away) the detector for a few months.......because it was painful......it just reminded me too much of my dad......overtime my mom convinced me that DAD would rather have me detecting than to be depressed!!....................REMEMBER YOUR DAD IS WATCHING OVER YOU FROM HEAVEN......so you are really not alone!!....................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions